Why Can't Liberals and Conseravtives Just Sit Down and Talk?

Canuck You

42 minutes ago, Northern_Nuck said:

Because conservatives are often ignorant, disrespectful and have no chill, they just hate, hate, hate and there’s no such thing as a liberal capable of intelligent conversation, they just create echo chambers and circle Jerk their warped views to each other. 

The left is so far left to the point of delusion and the right is so far right that they could easily be walked into a dictatorship  without being aware at all. And the worst part is both sides scream that they’re neutral. It’s actually funnier to sit back and watch with no investment in either side. 

McKay killed the Red Tory when he stuck a shiv in the back of Joe Clark (and the PC party).

• ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Northern_Nuck said:

Because conservatives are often ignorant, disrespectful and have no chill, they just hate, hate, hate and there’s no such thing as a liberal capable of intelligent conversation, they just create echo chambers and circle Jerk their warped views to each other. 

The left is so far left to the point of delusion and the right is so far right that they could easily be walked into a dictatorship  without being aware at all. And the worst part is both sides scream that they’re neutral. It’s actually funnier to sit back and watch with no investment in either side. 

Can you elaborate on how the left is any further left than it ever was?

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, kilgore said:

To echo Stawn's inquiry,  how is "the left" so far to the point of delusion?  Delusion about what?  That climate change is real?  That gay people  deserve to be able to marry? That Canadians deserve a national pharmacare and dental care program? Or in the US, radical things like family leave for pregnancy, or a universal national healthcare program. What proposals do you deem delusional?  

IMO both the left and the right have shifted to the right over the last few decades. What was once the left is now the moderates who want a mixed economy, a balanced system that makes sense.  Still acknowledging that we live in a Capitalist system, and still want innovation through private entrepreneurism, encouraging small business. But combining that with stimulating the economy with government programs and incentives to lift up the ones on the bottom to become more productive members of society. And making wealthy Canadians pay a larger percent of taxes to do this. That is the NDP in a nutshell.

While the right has shifted so far the right that they are no longer conservative. They gut the treasury just as quickly, or more, rack up high debt. Its just that they spend it on themselves, through greater tax breaks, for themselves and their wealthy donors. And then scramble to find a way to supplement the loss of tax revenue other ways. Usually cutting services for poorer Canadians. This results in creating wider and wider gaps between the rich and poor.  Which IMO is not a healthy society, when the middle class disappears.

Unfortunately the right is very successful in using unfounded fear to sway voters.  We want to be afraid.  We love horror movies. And we want to blame someone else for our perceived lack of success. We all, including me, have some latent racism, and bigotry.  The right are experts at goading that out of us. Telling us its okay to express this out loud. Which causes division in society.  The left doesn't ask for division. Trans and gay people  just want equal rights and to be left alone. Its not they who want to pick a fight.  Its cons who are obsessed with trans issues.  They highlight things like gender surgery because its such a radical salacious sounding issue to make a mountain out of.  Even though actual sex change operations, at least in the States, involves something like .000057 % of the population. 

They also go against things like fighting climate change to keep our planet going,  moving to electric vehicles, looking at alternative energy sources. This seems like that should not even be a left right issue, all parties should support this just for preservation of the species.  But the old dirty energy corps and the money behind them own the politicians, especially, but not exclusively, those ones on the right. So they are stalling that shift as  long as they can

what she said yes GIF by TipsyElves.com

• Cheers 1

To me, there will come a day when it may make sense to vote Liberal or Conservative, but for now, those options look way too sketchy, full of the same failures from not-too-distant past. Our worst problems really aren’t too bad right now in BC, and a non-NDP option will not help. I’m good to keep things going. NDP don’t actually get enough credit for the things they’re doing.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Slegr said:

To me, there will come a day when it may make sense to vote Liberal or Conservative, but for now, those options look way too sketchy, full of the same failures from not-too-distant past. Our worst problems really aren’t too bad right now in BC, and a non-NDP option will not help. I’m good to keep things going. NDP don’t actually get enough credit for the things they’re doing.

I used to vote Green, now I vote NDP.  I understand that the NDP will likely never win government, but I think of the three main leaders, Singh would be the best PM

• Sad 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

40 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

This is a school teacher and the far left said it was fine…..  in fact, defended its right to dress like this around kids. 
hahahahah

IMG_9971.jpeg

This is why it's impossible for two sides to talk when one side isn't a serious participant.

1 hour ago, stawns said:

This is why it's impossible for two sides to talk when one side isn't a serious participant.

I used this as an example because I had the exact same thought when I started reading this thread.   
Im not a part of any party and won’t be voting this round as I’m disgusted by all options. 
BUT.  
The first page of this is a perfect example of why two sides can’t talk.  
Folks tend to sit in their echo chamber and refuse to have a respectful conversation with the opposing side.  

“Because it takes two sides and one side has gone batshit crazy”

Is this respectful conversation? 
Does it help?   
On the outside looking in, I think both sides have gone crazy.  
One side have become bigger assholes, and the other have gotten so full of themselves it damn near unbearable. 

having said all that, this freak is a teacher, wanted to continue to teach like this and the far left couldn’t gather their blue haired warriors fast enough to run to this idiots defence.  
He got lit up and now dresses like a man with a beard and teaches again. 

Edited by D.B Cooper
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

I used this as an example because I had the exact same thought when I started reading this thread.   
Im not a part of any party and won’t be voting this round as I’m disgusted by all options. 
BUT.  
The first page of this is a perfect example of why two sides can’t talk.  
Folks tend to sit in their echo chamber and refuse to have a respectful conversation with the opposing side.  

“Because it takes two sides and one side has gone batshit crazy”

Is this respectful conversation? 
Does it help?   
On the outside looking in, I think both sides have gone crazy.  
One side have become bigger assholes, and the other have gotten so full of themselves it damn near unbearable. 

having said all that, this freak is a teacher, wanted to continue to teach like this and the far left couldn’t gather their blue haired warriors fast enough to run to this idiots defence.  
He got lit up and now dresses like a man with a beard and teaches again. 

It was actually the local school board that defended his rights, but also amended the rules to tamp down this kind of nonsense.

Focusing on what "social media" did with it has no resemblance to reality.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

It was actually the local school board that defended his rights, but also amended the rules to tamp down this kind of nonsense.

Who was on the board?   

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Side note, but I always thought that this person should have their hair tied back etc, it is shop class, loose hair and clothing is dangerous.

I remember one of my nephews talking about this big boobed teacher.

He said something like "whatever, free the nipple! this is an old person game, that shopteacher is a troll, nobody young cares"

The "free the nipple!" part stood out to me. (It made his mom laugh her head off at the time)

The nipple is free now, as it should be I guess. Women can take off their shirts in public now, around children and everything. Just like men. Its legal.

Do people realise that? 

So , this shop teacher looked dumb, he was obviously trying to make a point but I think he just outed the trolls/haters in the world that latch on to these types of outlier activities..

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

Side note, but I always thought that this person should have their hair tied back etc, it is shop class, loose hair and clothing is dangerous.

I remember one of my nephews talking about this big boobed teacher.

He said something like "whatever, free the nipple! this is an old person game, that shopteacher is a troll, nobody young cares"

The "free the nipple!" part stood out to me. (It made his mom laugh her head off at the time)

The nipple is free now, as it should be I guess. Women can take off their shirts in public now, around children and everything. Just like men. Its legal.

Do people realise that? 

So , this shop teacher looked dumb, he was obviously trying to make a point but I think he just outed the trolls/haters in the world that latch on to these types of outlier activities..

It was silly, I suspect that they got the attention they wanted and social media was more than happy to oblige.

It was probably a nightmare for the school board.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Bob Long said:

Looked it up, Halton appears to be a fairly conservative area of Ontario, mp is Michael Chong.

So not a lefty hotbed.

School board didn’t support her.  
Just said it would be illegal to speak out against and has policies to protect staff and students.   
Nothing saying ‘we love this lady’s ridiculous boobs and nipples around the children’.   
Word on the street is she is a pretty great shop teacher though 

4 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Just said it would be illegal to speak out against and has policies to protect staff and students.   
Nothing saying ‘we love this lady’s ridiculous boobs and nipples around the children’.   

That's what I said, it was about a persons rights, not the individual.

Social media took it and extremists on both sides got clicks.

2 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Brings up an interesting thing though...

Why can men be half naked around kids? Why can they show their nipple?

I once considered joining yoga but decided I dont like the group setting. One of the things I hate is the sweaty dudes taking off their shirts. It just seems the wrong environment. I supposed the women could too but they have more respect, maybe or just go with tradition.

I dont want nipples around kids. But that is because I am old and see the female nipple in perticular as sexual due to my upbringing in this culture.

BUT, we have to move towards proper equal rights...

so what do we do?

• Cheers 1