Why Can't Liberals and Conseravtives Just Sit Down and Talk?

Canuck You

2 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

Rashida Tlaib, Ilhan Omar, AOC - all voted against resolution to condemn the "From the river to the sea" slogan. Tlaib proudly displays it on her X account, with some bs about that slogan not being for death but for coexistence, completely ignoring the true meaning that is being put into this slogan by the masses on the ground.

They are very pro Palestine.  Haven't seen anything about them calling for genocide against Jews though. 

1 hour ago, RomanPer said:

I consider myself conservative (primarily from the economic point of view). And I condemn the idiots on the far right. There are plenty of leaders of Republican party in the US who are openly against MAGA. And there are members of congress from the extreme left who call for genocide against Jews ("from the river to the sea" crowd).

I wish we had someone more to the center than Poilievre in Canada, but unfortunately we don't.

Again, the whole point of this discussion was "why 2 sides don't sit down and talk about their differences" and my response was that at present time both sides think that the other side is fully to blame. Somehow it got into "but it's impossible to sit with MAGA", which seems to be proving my point.

When you say "the right is" - don't you think that you are painting the entire right with one brush? And if you can, why can't I paint the entire left with one brush?

Because:

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

There are indeed idiots on both ends of the spectrum. Thing is, I don't see centre-left voters condoning or dismissing the actions of extreme left wing idiots. We think they're idiots too. Same with politicians. I don't see any (at least serious) politicians condoning or outright courting lefty idiots like I see happening on the right.

We're not inviting them to our parties. The right is. Just because both sides have them, doesn't mean you get to waive this away as an equivalency. 

I'm not disputing that there aren't some anti-Maga Republicans, but the party overall, and it's leadership and has openly welcomed and courted that vote  both in the US and now  the Conservatives in Canada, while plenty of more moderate voters have at the very least have hesitantly accepted their presence. You just don't see that level of extreme left acceptance, on the left.

Edited by aGENT
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Satchmo said:

They are very pro Palestine.  Haven't seen anything about them calling for genocide against Jews though. 

Look deeper into what the actual meaning of "from the river to the sea" is. Not what Tlaib is trying to twist it into to make it mainstream. It always meant "throw Jews into the Mediterranean" by the ones who invented it. It's no different if she was trying to say that "sieg heil" simple means the call to victory and it should be fully acceptable to scream it at a sporting venue. That seems absurd, right?