[Speculation] Report: Tony DeAngelo Turned Down For A PTO By Oilers

On 9/9/2024 at 4:03 PM, Alflives said:

Use Google and read the articles provided. 

I just did. I see that he used slur in junior against a teammate for which he apologized for and supposedly is friends with that teammate to this day. Then there was a suspension because he shoved a ref. The rest is speculation about him being a locker room problem because he got into a fight with Georgiev. As a neutral person it doesn't seem all that obvious to me what others claim. In fact, Staal said quiet the opposite about DeAngelo.

But I am not too concerned or interested in the story since it has nothing to do with the canucks

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Vollmilch90 said:

I just did. I see that he used slur in junior against a teammate for which he apologized for and supposedly is friends with that teammate to this day. Then there was a suspension because he shoved a ref. The rest is speculation about him being a locker room problem because he got into a fight with Georgiev. As a neutral person it doesn't seem all that obvious to me what others claim. In fact, Staal said quiet the opposite about DeAngelo.

But I am not too concerned or interested in the story since it has nothing to do with the canucks

I respect you for researching for yourself and not adhering to mob mentality.

I will admit that my initial post up top is largely based on anecdotal, speculative, or semi-unconfirmed reports that I have read over time.

With this in mind, my post was of a gotcha or “like” garnering nature.

I truly believe that most people can learn from mistakes and be better - I have made many and have to believe this to live comfortably with and respect myself for who I am now. So I am going to take this opportunity to learn more and be mindful of my speech. I am not giving him a pass at this time; I’m just acknowledging that ignorance serves no one and words hold power. 

Thank you for giving me a moment of reflection. 

• Vintage 1