All About The Bures

Rip The Mesh

Would say that cool Nov evening that Bure debuted, flooring the fanbase with Lafleur-esque panache, seemed the precise moment that we finally arrived as a legit NHL squad. Like steppin onto the ol' yellow brick road, where a shyte 2 decades of b&w suddenly transformed into brilliant colours. What a thrill that night was!

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

I remember listening on the radio to the shock in Jim’s voice as he described that first rush up the ice with the puck as he described how the entire building was standing up to watch in disbelief at his speed and the knowledge that we had an elite talent that was a Canuck.Jim sounded giddy as the crowd’s excitement could be heard and felt (on the radio)as more rushes up the ice came.I will never forget that moment.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

I read this yesterday....it's interesting to me to learn about some of the family dynamics.

I loved Bure....he was some kind of special. You just held your breath when he got the puck on his stick...electrifying. Some great memories.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SuchaNuxtalgia said:

Would say that cool Nov evening that Bure debuted, flooring the fanbase with Lafleur-esque panache, seemed the precise moment that we finally arrived as a legit NHL squad. Like steppin onto the ol' yellow brick road, where a shyte 2 decades of b&w suddenly transformed into brilliant colours. What a thrill that night was!

I remember that night well. Back then we didn't get all of the games on TV, but the hype on the local news sports segments leading up to his debut was so high that I couldn't wait to see him play. I remember 11:00pm and Sports Page came on and showed the highlights, and I couldn't believe what I was watching. I had never seen a player like that in our colours. To say I was shocked is an understatement.

• Vintage 1