Nucks Vegas [Proposal]

This leaves Vegas extremely shorthanded on the blueline. They would only have 6 nhl D INCLUDING Ben Hutton lol. They can get under the cap simply by putting Lehner ($5m AAV) on LTIR.  It doesn't sound like he's likely to ever play again 

Problem is, Vegas already has the LTIR to be cap compliant and IF they need more, they just put Stone back on LTIR until the playoffs start again.

How many teams in the NHL utilize players going onto LTIR at will always reminds me of the 5 or 6 book Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy Trilogy of books.

Anyone ever read those? Restaurant at the End of the Universe, the famous musician taking a year off dead for tax purposes.... 😉

Edited by VegasCanuck
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, qwijjibo said:

This leaves Vegas extremely shorthanded on the blueline. They would only have 6 nhl D INCLUDING Ben Hutton lol. They can get under the cap simply by putting Lehner ($5m AAV) on LTIR.  It doesn't sound like he's likely to ever play again 

Extremely is a bit of an over statement. They would still have four lefties Hanifin, Theodore, Hague, Hutton is a strong left side. 

Dyson Mayo Robert Hagg and Korkzac are also decent callups. 

7 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

Extremely is a bit of an over statement. They would still have four lefties Hanifin, Theodore, Hague, Hutton is a strong left side. 

Dyson Mayo Robert Hagg and Korkzac are also decent callups. 

Why would a team with cup aspirations tradecaway a legit top 4 D and rely on the like of Hutton and "decent callups" to save cap when they don't need to ? 

Edited by qwijjibo
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, qwijjibo said:

Why would a team with cup aspirations tradecaway a legit top 4 D and rely on the like of Hutton and "decent calluos" to save cap when they don't need to ? 

There are a lot of rumors out there Vegas are looking to move one of Theo/Mcnabb they have a log jam on the left. Figured I'd take a stabb. If Lhenner goes on LTIR maybe they have designs on adding more firepower up front after losing their top 2 scorers. 

1 hour ago, qwijjibo said:

There's a name I haven't heard in ages...

1 hour ago, Drakrami said:

lol they are not going to trade you a dman they are using as top 4 that costs only 2.85mil caphit. 

Zadorov cost a 3rd and a 5th. if someone had posted that proposal on here last year I'm sure they would have been rolling in LOL's

Vegas Left side 

Hanifin

Theodore

McNabb

Hague

Hutton

Hagg

Of the top 4 I think McNabb is the most likely to be moved.  

26 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

Zadorov cost a 3rd and a 5th. if someone had posted that proposal on here last year I'm sure they would have been rolling in LOL's

Vegas Left side 

Hanifin

Theodore

McNabb

Hague

Hutton

Hagg

Of the top 4 I think McNabb is the most likely to be moved.  

How are the cases remotely similar? Calgary wanted to sell UFA Zadarov, found no takers, and sold him to us. Vegas is competing for the cup and wants to be cap efficient. A dman making 2.85mil playing top 4 minutes is exactly what they want and want more of. And it is also the exact reason why you wanted to trade for McNabb. 

Funny you bring up Zadorov, because im one of those few people on here who doesn't think he is a top 4 dman. 

By the way, you are hearing rumblings because Vegas will be hard pressed to find an additional 3-4 million cap space to re-sign UFA Theodore next year. They need to make a bigger trade to make it happen or even just trade Theodore. Not sure they want to be icing 3 dmen with cap hits of around 8 mil each. 

Edited by Drakrami

6 hours ago, Hammertime said:

To Vegas: 2nd + 4th + Poolman

To Van: Brayden McNabb 2.85m UFA 2025, 

Vegas gets under the cap and some deadline ammo. We get a big wiley veteran D partner for Honek with a cup ring. 

image.thumb.png.2e24c51a9f2e5aaea3f6bc35fdafff7d.png

if the numbers of this work I think they'd have too be hard pressed without any options to do it before the season starts.

But I like the idea a lot in multiple ways.

Especially because after forbort our left side is shallow as heck and we know Soucy and forbort both unlikely to play the whole year.

like the subtle creativity of this deal

• Cheers 1

On 9/8/2024 at 4:56 PM, qwijjibo said:

Why would a team with cup aspirations tradecaway a legit top 4 D and rely on the like of Hutton and "decent callups" to save cap when they don't need to ? 

If they decide to trade Theodore, he certainly isn't going to either EDM or VAN.   They haven't started talks on an extension, that results in a media circus.      His injury history and the fact he won't be our PP QB,  creates a lot of not likely to us on our side as well.   What will it cost?    

Also they are still in the win now mode part of their cycle.   Eichel has two more years.   Stone is going the way of Patches, as in when is he going to play ... and how long before he's injured again.    Believe they likely will re-boot or re-tool with Stone's cap hit when they can.    By then AP will be longer in the tooth as well.   That time isn't there yet, but it's approaching.     They aren't a regular season beast and know this.    They also know once in, they've got a shot.   Personally think the odds of him just staying and not getting traded for a post season run, is higher than him getting traded at all.    If the tables were turned, wouldn't we want Theodore for another shot at a cup? 

Edited by IBatch

On 9/8/2024 at 12:42 PM, Hammertime said:

To Vegas: 2nd + 4th + Poolman

To Van: Brayden McNabb 2.85m UFA 2025, 

Vegas gets under the cap and some deadline ammo. We get a big wiley veteran D partner for Honek with a cup ring. 

image.thumb.png.2e24c51a9f2e5aaea3f6bc35fdafff7d.png

Always liked McNabb and think he's really underrated. He's not just a brick wall back there but also an under-appreciated two-way defenseman. 

I could see him being on the blueline what J.T. Miller is on forward. Great idea and I could see Vegas biting at the chance to shed cap space, get some LTIR ability (which they love LOL) and send an original expansion guy who they value; to a quality team and city. Great idea!