[Rumour] Garland to Pittsburgh

4 hours ago, Wing said:

Pettersson would be such a nice add for obvious reasons. But I just want to have as many Peteys as we can get...

Lucas Pettersson would be a nice add to the team. 
Fostered in the same team that the Sedins and Gradin came from.

But we need one more

Petey - Petey - x

Petey - Petey

• Cheers 1

On 9/12/2024 at 12:06 PM, DeNiro said:

Lol pretty much.

If it was Canucks fans it would be Garland and a 1st for Crosby at 50%…

Raymond Ballard and a second for Crosby .... got a bit of flak for being "unrealistic" at the time, so changed it to a first. 

Joking aside, it's still fun when someone has the cajone's to make a proposal, some of the things Alvin's managed didn't seem "realistic" either. 

Edited by IBatch

1 hour ago, Gawdzukes said:

Crosby is too pure and devoted to Pittsburgh. I don't see him chasing a cup anywhere else.

He's said he's not interested in playing anywhere else for years. He said so earlier this spring, and just this week he expressed confidence in a deal getting done before the season; it'll probably come with term, and the term will probably be dictated by how long he wants to keep playing, it's hard to see the Penguins giving him anything less. 

The fact people keep bringing up the possibility of him playing elsewhere at this point is silly. 

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/3071393/crosby-pretty-optimistic-hell-sign-extension-before-season

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2
  • ThereItIs 1

17 hours ago, testycal said:

Garland will continue to improve 

..makes players around him better....great in the room..NO

He's 28.  He's likely done with the "improving". He is what he is at this point.  A small,high energy player who's good for 50ish points. Nothing to sneeze at to be sure. 

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, qwijjibo said:

He's 28.  He's likely done with the "improving". He is what he is at this point.  A small,high energy player who's good for 50ish points. Nothing to sneeze at to be sure. 

I know the keyword you used was 'likely' and I'm not meaning to pick anything you said apart. It's good to be realistic; however, to put things into perspective, Miller was 26 when he was traded over to the Canucks. The years leading up to now were huge for his development. I get that 26 and 28 is still a difference, but Garland could still very much improve, especially given his work ethic.

Yes, Garland and Miller's game is quite different, with some similarities. I'm not meaning to put them as equals. That said, Garland has had his best year as a Canuck and it's not out of the realm of possibility that he could do even better.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, PureQuickness said:

I know the keyword you used was 'likely' and I'm not meaning to pick anything you said apart. It's good to be realistic; however, to put things into perspective, Miller was 26 when he was traded over to the Canucks. The years leading up to now were huge for his development. I get that 26 and 28 is still a difference, but Garland could still very much improve, especially given his work ethic.

Yes, Garland and Miller's game is quite different, with some similarities. I'm not meaning to put them as equals. That said, Garland has had his best year as a Canuck and it's not out of the realm of possibility that he could do even better.

Not out of the realm of possibilities, but not likely at this point 

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Offers for a Crosby rental will be MUCH better than Garland + LTIR Poolman.

I suppose it depends if Pitts has any chance. But when it gets down to it Crosby would likely prefer:

1. A canadian team with a chance to win it all

2. Not Toronto

3. An "underdog" team that has the pieces

4. A coaching and Management staff he can trust to let him go back to Pens as a UFA in July.

5. A team that allows him to beat McDavid, McInnon, and possibly Matthews in the same playoff run

Edited by EastCoastExpress

1 hour ago, EastCoastExpress said:

I suppose it depends if Pitts has any chance. But when it gets down to it Crosby would likely prefer:

1. A canadian team with a chance to win it all --- What you would prefer in his situation, not necessarily what HE wants

2. Not Toronto --- Says who?

3. An "underdog" team that has the pieces --- Says who?

4. A coaching and Management staff he can trust to let him go back to Pens as a UFA in July. --- This is Crosby's decision anyway.

5. A team that allows him to beat McDavid, McInnon, and possibly Matthews in the same playoff run --- Again, who says this is even remotely important to Crosby?

Only Crosby knows. The only thing he has said is that he wants to re-sign with the Pens.

2 hours ago, EastCoastExpress said:

1. A canadian team with a chance to win it all

2. Not Toronto

3. An "underdog" team that has the pieces

4. A coaching and Management staff he can trust to let him go back to Pens as a UFA in July.

5. A team that allows him to beat McDavid, McInnon, and possibly Matthews in the same playoff run

Or maybe he'd want to play for his childhood favourite team. Or maybe he'd want to play with his buddy MacKinnon.  You can make arguments for a few teams but at the end of the day he's given no indication that he's interested in leaving Pittsburgh 

• Like 1

On 9/14/2024 at 1:42 PM, Gawdzukes said:

Crosby is too pure and devoted to Pittsburgh. I don't see him chasing a cup anywhere else.

Yea but on the same note, does he want to end his career this way? Rumours are Malkin is done after this season, the rest of the team is washed up, nothing really promising on the horizon. It’s going to be pretty ugly. At least at the TDL, it’s a short stint, it gives back to the organization and he can come right back and sign like nothing happened.