[Rumour] Garland to Pittsburgh

17 minutes ago, HOCKEYGOD77 said:

THAT WOULD BE BONEHEAD MOVE BY BRASS...GARLAND HAS SKILL AND BIT OF EDGE ON HIM AND HAS SMART HOCKEY IQ..WHAT DO YOU BOTHER LOOKING FOR PLAYERS WHEN YOU GOT IT...IF ANYTHING YOU NEED TO GET MENTALLY TOUGHER THIS SEASON AND ADJUST TO THE GAME EACH DAY..

Garden Gnome is a third line winger who doesn't pk or pp on our club. His 5 on the cap would be better allocated to a right shot, defensively sound 3C. 

28 minutes ago, Gator said:

The contract was a tough 1 to keep for sure, but man, I loved Garland. I'm kinda worried Joshua wont be as impactful without him. He (imo) was the driving force of that dominant 3rd line, which imo was a major reason for our success.

If we trade him I think it could really come back to bite us

Joshua is due for a huge regression this season either way.  He had the 3rd best shooting percentage in the league last season at 23.7% on 84 shots on goal.   There is no way that continues.  For the record Hoglander and Boeser also had unsustainable shooting percentages.  Expect to see thier goal totals come down as well. Now that's not to say any of those guys aren't good players. But anyone counting on them to repeat what they did last season is most likely going to be disappointed.  The season before it was Kuzmenko who had an unrepeatable shooting percentage, and we all know how that turned out 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, qwijjibo said:

Joshua is due for a huge regression this season either way.  He had the 3rd best shooting percentage in the league last season at 23.7% on 84 shots on goal.   There is no way that continues.  For the record Hoglander and Boeser also had unsustainable shooting percentages.  Expect to see thier goal totals come down as well. Now that's not to say any of those guys aren't good players. But anyone counting on them to repeat what they did last season is most likely going to be disappointed.  The season before it was Kuzmenko who had an unrepeatable shooting percentage, and we all know how that turned out 

Wrong on all accounts. 

28 minutes ago, HOCKEYGOD77 said:

THAT WOULD BE BONEHEAD MOVE BY BRASS...GARLAND HAS SKILL AND BIT OF EDGE ON HIM AND HAS SMART HOCKEY IQ..WHAT DO YOU BOTHER LOOKING FOR PLAYERS WHEN YOU GOT IT...IF ANYTHING YOU NEED TO GET MENTALLY TOUGHER THIS SEASON AND ADJUST TO THE GAME EACH DAY..

IF ANYTHING YOU NEED A NEW KEYBOARD BECAUSE YOUR CAPSLOCK KEY SEEMS PERMANENTLY STUCK. OR ADJUST YOUR FINGER OFF THE SHIFT KEY! 

• Cheers 2

11 minutes ago, qwijjibo said:

Do you think Petey will improve?...

You may be right, but then again you may be wrong... If management believed you were right, I doubt they would have handed him a new improved contract. 
Hogs and Boeser again had above predicted shooting %, but Boeser is lethal when n fire... we seen it before in his first season. 
We shall see, I'm sure, but I think Joshua will be having a great season, and I actually think the whole team is gonna go on a roll.....if the D can do their end of the deal...

3 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Do you think Petey will improve?...

You may be right, but then again you may be wrong... If management believed you were right, I doubt they would have handed him a new improved contract. 
Hogs and Boeser again had above predicted shooting %, but Boeser is lethal when n fire... we seen it before in his first season. 
We shall see, I'm sure, but I think Joshua will be having a great season, and I actually think the whole team is gonna go on a roll.....if the D can do their end of the deal...

If Petey gets more ice time, he will most definitely put up more points. He averages 2minutes less than Matthews, Crosby, Mackinnon, Draisaitl and several others, but produces at the same rate. Petey is averaging just over 13mins TOI 5v5

• Cheers 1

58 minutes ago, qwijjibo said:

To be fair Kuzmenko did get back to his .5 goals per game pace after move to Calgary

But agree they're unsustainable #s for sure

Edited by Gator
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, qwijjibo said:

When you’re getting back door tap in’s 90% of the time, it’s entirely sustainable.

Kuzmenko on the other hand was further out for a lot of his goals, so a regression is to be expected. Although he does have a disgustingly heavy and fast wrister, so don’t be surprised if he’s back up to 20-23%

• Cheers 1

38 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

When you’re getting back door tap in’s 90% of the time, it’s entirely sustainable.

Kuzmenko on the other hand was further out for a lot of his goals, so a regression is to be expected. Although he does have a disgustingly heavy and fast wrister, so don’t be surprised if he’s back up to 20-23%

I WILL be surprised if he's anywhere near 20% 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, qwijjibo said:

I WILL be surprised if he's anywhere near 20% 

Well I don’t exactly disagree either. But…. The good thing is, Joshua scores the LARGE majority of his goals within 3-5 ft of the goalie. So he is consistent at getting to those in tight areas, which gives him a much better chance at converting on his opportunities.

Kuzmenko on the other hand scores his goals within the confines of the home plate, more so from mid-high home plate. So he is more likely to see a heavier regression due to goalies having more time to get set, tips/blocks that hit the goalie etc. 

• Cheers 2

29 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

Well I don’t exactly disagree either. But…. The good thing is, Joshua scores the LARGE majority of his goals within 3-5 ft of the goalie. So he is consistent at getting to those in tight areas, which gives him a much better chance at converting on his opportunities.

Kuzmenko on the other hand scores his goals within the confines of the home plate, more so from mid-high home plate. So he is more likely to see a heavier regression due to goalies having more time to get set, tips/blocks that hit the goalie etc. 

Great point. Fully agree

Net front presence players should have a higher shooting % - in theory 

Great thing is that Joshua's is getting paid for what he brings, which is net front presence, 2 way game, fore checking, PK etc. He's not getting paid to be a 20-30 goal scorer

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1