[Rumour] Garland to Pittsburgh

37 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

Heinen-Miller-Boeser

Debrusk-Petey-Hoglander

Garland-Bluegar-Sprong

PDG/Aman-Suter-Sherwood

That’s how the lineup seems like it will shake up with Joshua out? Does anyone know who Petey has been skating with at camp?

My guess without DJ:

Hoglander-Miller-Boeser

Debrusk-Petey-Sprong

Heinen-Bluegar-Garland

Blais-Suter-Sherwood

34 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Poolman would have to be part of the salary going the other way... Buffalo might be ok with that since they are likely not going to be over the cap anyway.

Ya that's the only way i see us giving up a 1st in the deal

2 minutes ago, Jayinblack said:

Ya that's the only way i see us giving up a 1st in the deal

A first is probably what GM's are asking to take poolman anyway.

If we can get Jones or lanky on a 1 mil deal in goal we don't have to make any trades, that would be my preference.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

A first is probably what GM's are asking to take poolman anyway.

If we can get Jones or lanky on a 1 mil deal in goal we don't have to make any trades, that would be my preference.

If Poolman’s contract was insured the cost to move would be a lot less. Jimbob strikes again. 

• ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Nucker67 said:

I'm not sure if it was mentioned, yesterday another rumour. 

https://www.nhltraderumor.com/canucks-samuelsson-trade-rumors/#:~:text=The Vancouver Canucks are reportedly targeting Buffalo Sabres',and a 2025 fourth-round pick is being speculated.

Basically: (LD) Derek Forbort, a 1st (2025) and 4th (2025) for (LD) Mattias Samuelsson from Buffalo.  Seems like a lot to give up, but I don't really know anything about Samuelsson.

Hughes - Hronek

Samuelsson - Myers

Soucy - Desharnais

Friedman - Juulsen

Samuelsson's never played more than 55 games in an NHL season, but he is only 24.

Fake rumor for sure..a 1st and a 4th and a bag of chips for a player that played 55 games and was selected 32nd overall.

image.gif.fcbcd66076fe661be5cf25ab4b324c9f.gif

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

These uninsured contracts have to be approved by the owner first, no? 

Tbh I don't know. But imo we also have a good owner too. He's clearly willing to let his GMs run with things. His only mistake was hanging on to Jim instead of Linden. 

On 9/20/2024 at 11:35 PM, qwijjibo said:

My point is Joshua had tge 3rd highest shooting percentage in the league.  Yes, the kind of goals he scored will skew the number to a certain degree. But you can't honestly tell me you think he's going to replicate a sesdin where he's the 3rd most accurate shooter in the entire league?  He's a valuable player, and will continue to be so, but puck luck is a thing and the hockey gods were kind to him last season. I think we'll see him regress to a very respectable 13% (which would translate to 11-12 goals on the same number of shots.  Perhaps he sees more ice time and gets more shots (and by extension more goals). But to think he's going to continue to score on 20+% on his shots is naive.  

For comparison sakes, Gretzky had about a 17% shooting percentage on his career and Ovechkin is around 13%. 

So I don’t disagree there will be a good chance of a regression in Dakotas shooting%
but the point I am trying to highlight is that Dakota gets to the dirty areas and he has plenty of space when he gets there. He’s strong as an ox, hard to out muscle and he puts himself in spots that give him the best chance of beating any goalie in the world. Back door and infront of the net to clean up the rebounds. His shoot % may dip but that doesn’t mean his production will. An extra whack at a rebound still results in a goal, even if it took him 1 more SOG.

Cant compare era’s. Gretzky played in an era where .900 was a great save % and the butterfly hadn’t quite flapped yet. 
Ovi is a volume shooter. Goalies still can’t stop him in his office even though there’s like 400+ goals on tape to study. How many 50, 60, 70, 80 goal scorers during Gretzky career vs Ovi’s

Edited by AnthonyG
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

So I don’t disagree there will be a good chance of a regression in Dakotas shooting%
but the point I am trying to highlight is that Dakota gets to the dirty areas and he has plenty of space when he gets there. He’s strong as an ox, hard to out muscle and he puts himself in spots that give him the best chance of beating any goalie in the world. Back door and infront of the net to clean up the rebounds. His shoot % may dip but that doesn’t mean his production will. An extra whack at a rebound still results in a goal, even if it took him 1 more SOG.

Cant compare era’s. Gretzky played in an era where .900 was a great save % and the butterfly hadn’t quite flapped yet. 
Ovi is a volume shooter. Goalies still can’t stop him in his office even though there’s like 400+ goals on tape to study. How many 50, 60, 70, 80 goal scorers during Gretzky career vs Ovi’s

Eras and play style aside. You can't tell me you think Joshua is a top three shooter in the league.  I don't think it's a slight against him to say it's extremely unlikely he repeats what he did last season (which was score with the 3rd best shooting percentage in the league) 

2 minutes ago, qwijjibo said:

Eras and play style aside. You can't tell me you think Joshua is a top three shooter in the league.  I don't think it's a slight against him to say it's extremely unlikely he repeats what he did last season (which was score with the 3rd best shooting percentage in the league) 

He’s not a sniper, he’s not a volume shooter, he’s a trash man that cleans up on his very few opportunities.

you look at sh% as in his pure ability to beat a goalie 1 on 1.  But that’s not how he scores goals. He gets to the back door for an easy tap in or is in the blue paint and out muscling guys to bury the rebounds or at least get a chance off the rebounds 

• Cheers 2

26 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

He’s not a sniper, he’s not a volume shooter, he’s a trash man that cleans up on his very few opportunities.

you look at sh% as in his pure ability to beat a goalie 1 on 1.  But that’s not how he scores goals. He gets to the back door for an easy tap in or is in the blue paint and out muscling guys to bury the rebounds or at least get a chance off the rebounds 

Sure.  But he's not the only player in the league that plays that style.  What I'm saying is puck luck plays in abd it's extremely unlikely thst he's going to repeat being having the 3rd highest shooting percentage in the league. A regression is coming this year. I think he'll be in the 12-15 goal region 

7 minutes ago, qwijjibo said:

Sure.  But he's not the only player in the league that plays that style.  What I'm saying is puck luck plays in abd it's extremely unlikely thst he's going to repeat being having the 3rd highest shooting percentage in the league. A regression is coming this year. I think he'll be in the 12-15 goal region 

Yes and no. I suspect his (Dak) success rate may decline and his role increase. Which would be natural. His shooting % is a cherry on top.  We are paying him to win his matchups. By how many is inconsequential. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2