What Local Businesses Do You Support?

-dlc-

I treated myself tonight to my favourite lasagna & salad combo from Tino's Pizza in Richmond. They're a family business run out of a tiny kitchen with a couple of tables for eat in (it's mostly take out/delivery).Two brothers own it and they're big time hockey/sports lovers. They donate to local sports teams and always have a game of some sort going on their TV (so if you have to wait for an order you don't miss a thing!). This is their delivery car...

460017139_10161259420575549_399004130147

Anyhow, I have never had a bad meal from there....EVER. Which says a lot because I've been ordering from them for years. So consistently good. Super friendly too. A year or so ago there was a rumour floating around that they were closing...I was devastated. I went in and asked them and they debunked the FB myth. 

Got me thinking of how important it is to support local businesses and help them survive, especially in these tough times. I try to do so as much as possible.

An old high school friend runs another spot that I frequent - The Prickly Pear in Steveston. They're a go to for those who know about them. I don't mind paying a bit more because the quality is superior to other places.

Do you have any favourite places that you go to? I'd love to hear success stories of small businesses that are making a go of it.