Canucks Preseason Camp: 14F 8D 3G remain in camp

Integra250

1 minute ago, The Duke said:

Suter practiced today and Garland is hopeful for Wednesday.  We could see a close to full power lineup.  Rumblings that Raty might start at C. We could see:

Heinen-Miller-Boeser

DeBrusk-Petey-Sprong

Hoglander-Raty-Garland

Suter-Bluegar-Sherwood

Pretty sharp.

Aman 13th forward and Bains in Abby? 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, The Duke said:

Suter practiced today and Garland is hopeful for Wednesday.  We could see a close to full power lineup.  Rumblings that Raty might start at C. We could see:

Heinen-Miller-Boeser

DeBrusk-Petey-Sprong

Hoglander-Raty-Garland

Suter-Bluegar-Sherwood

Pretty sharp.

Agree.  Pretty deep. Garly and  DJ still to return. 

Edited by Jaimito
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Brendan Batchelor

@BatchHockey

·Follow

Sunday #Canucks practice lines

DeBrusk. Pettersson. Sprong.

Heinen. Miller. Boeser.

Höglander. Räty. Suter
Aman. Blueger. Sherwood.
Bains.

Hughes. Hronek.
Soucy. Myers.

Forbort. Desharnais.

Friedman. Juulsen.

I am thrilled with our depth without Joshua and Garland…..Wow.

Sneaky putting Suter on the 3rd line wing with Raty and Hogs. The Horvat trade is looking good eh?
I’m not sure how long Raty sticks but having 2 capable centres is wise on that line for now.

Aman I guess ‘cause he’s more experienced than Bains atm too, and it’s the 4th line.

Edited by Bretzky
  • Like 2

Just now, Bretzky said:

Brendan Batchelor

@BatchHockey

·

Follow

Sunday #Canucks practice lines DeBrusk. Pettersson. Sprong. Heinen. Miller. Boeser. Höglander. Räty. Suter Åman. Blueger. Sherwood. Bains. Hughes. Hronek. Soucy. Myers. Forbort. Desharnais. Friedman. Juulsen.

I am thrilled with our depth without Joshua and Garland…..Wow.

Sneaky putting Suter on the 3rd line wing with Ray and Hogs. The Horvat trade is looking good eh?
I’m not sure how long Raty sticks but having 2 capable centres is wise on that line for now.

Aman I guess ‘cause he’s more experienced than Bains atm too, it’s the 4th line.

Bains a nice player but if he’s not in the top six can he contribute in the bottom six at a level, like Hogs, without pk? IMHAO Bains just is a blah player. No issue with him dominating the AHL and learning how to pk and be a pest. 
Imagine if Bains played like Burr with that kind of pettiness and pk ability? Then he’s a long run NHLer who makes a lot of dough. 

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

Aman 13th forward and Bains in Abby? 

Something like that!

2 hours ago, Jaimito said:

Agree.  Pretty deep. Garly and  DJ still to return. 

Man.. and those two are the engine behind the “best third line in the league.”  

It never works out as planned, but on paper we could have two top lines and two high end 3rd lines when fully healthy.  It’s a very efficient roster - packed with scoring and scrappy two way players.

Full credit to Allvin. 

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, The Duke said:

Something like that!

Man.. and those two are the engine behind the “best third line in the league.”  

It never works out as planned, but on paper we could have two top lines and two high end 3rd lines when fully healthy.  It’s a very efficient roster - packed with scoring and scrappy two way players.

Full credit to Allvin. 

100%

Heinen Miller Boeser

DeBrusk Pettersson Sprong

Joshua Blueger Garland

Höglander Suter Sherwood

Räty

Prob the deepest forward group in the league, not the top 6, but the bottom 6 makes up for it.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

According to PuckPedia, Bains was sent down to Abby. 

Cap Wages says we still have Dylan Ferguson (Goalie) on PTO. 

I don't think I've seen him play in preseason. He may not have been let go, but not sure he's staying. 

11 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Cap Wages says we still have Dylan Ferguson (Goalie) on PTO. 

I don't think I've seen him play in preseason. He may not have been let go, but not sure he's staying. 

Ferguson was released from it with the first round of cuts.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

PuckPedia is not reassembled of actual roster. Bains is still up with the Canucks. I.e. Hirose, Lek etc were never part of canucks roster on puck pedia.

Debrusk - Pettersson - Hoglander

Heinen - Miller - Boeser

Joshua - Blueger - Garland

Sprong - Suter - Sherwood

Aman

That’s what I anticipate by TDL.

Bains and Raty down to the A because of waiver ability, but first call ups. 

I am an optimist, but I just don’t see Sprong being long for us in the top 6 and I see our recent Hoglander extension as a show of confidence. At least we can trust this management to not throw good money after bad regardless of how it shakes out!

3 minutes ago, Fan Abroad said:

Joshua - Blueger - Garland - It has to be

Hogs - Suter - Sherwood - It has to be. Hogs was at his best with Suter last year and adding Sherwood is going to be a beast line. 

2 powerhouse 3rd lines

I wouldn't count Räty out. 6'2 really great shot, great at faceoffs, his speed has improved, needs seasoning reading defensive responsibilities. If he sticks that 3rd line has only improved. Blueger although super responsible defensively, doesn't provide much offensively. I still see him as a really good 4th liner. 

13 hours ago, buddyguy said:

Imagine our lineup once Josh and Demmer come back.

Debrusk-Pettersson-Sprong

Heinen-Miller-Boeser

Joshua-Blueger/Suter-Garland

Hoglander-Blueger/Suter-Sherwood

Aman

Hughes-Hronek

Soucy-Myers

Forbort-Desharnais

Brannstrom-Juulsen/Friedman

Demko

Silovs

Stacked or what? 

Add 1 more top 4RHD and watch out

Yeah,

Aman sticks as the 13th forward to make sure Raty is getting a lot of ice time in Abby.

We’ll see how we can add another top D this season, Allvin can do it.

But Lankinen is the back up when Demko is healthy because Silovs is waiver exempt and still young.

Edited by Bretzky
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

Debrusk - Pettersson - Hoglander

Heinen - Miller - Boeser

Joshua - Blueger - Garland

Sprong - Suter - Sherwood

Aman

That’s what I anticipate by TDL.

Bains and Raty down to the A because of waiver ability, but first call ups. 

I am an optimist, but I just don’t see Sprong being long for us in the top 6 and I see our recent Hoglander extension as a show of confidence. At least we can trust this management to not throw good money after bad regardless of how it shakes out!

So you see Heinen above Sprong? Obviously we havent seen enough of either of them, but so far I've been way less impressed with Heinen than Sprong. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

So you see Heinen above Sprong? Obviously we havent seen enough of either of them, but so far I've been way less impressed with Heinen than Sprong. 

I hope Sprong can play in a way that keeps him offensively productive but defensively responsible - hopefully fixing defense doesn’t neuter offense. I don’t think he’ll be able to do it and I really hope I’m wrong. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

I hope Sprong can play in a way that keeps him offensively productive but defensively responsible - hopefully fixing defense doesn’t neuter offense. I don’t think he’ll be able to do it and I really hope I’m wrong. 

Petey is such a defensively responsible center I'm not too worried about it. I would much rather see Sprong generate offense and help snap Petey out of his funk.

I'm much more worried about Heinen dragging down Miller, our highest scoring forward, and Boeser our leading goal scorer last year. 

If Peteys line lets in a few extra goals its not the end of the world, but if Heinen doesnt gel with Miller's line, we will see major problems.

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Petey is such a defensively responsible center I'm not too worried about it. I would much rather see Sprong generate offense and help snap Petey out of his funk.

I'm much more worried about Heinen dragging down Miller, our highest scoring forward, and Boeser our leading goal scorer last year. 

If Peteys line lets in a few extra goals its not the end of the world, but if Heinen doesnt gel with Miller's line, we will see major problems.

I liked the way Sprong was playing in the preseason. Brings some offensive pop that Petey hasn't lacked most of last year, kinda like 22/23 Kuz but more speed.

And DeBrusks willingness to go to the hard areas is great for Petey. Excited to see what they can do as they get comfortable together.

17 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

It’s been like that for days though and no record in the transaction section 

Edited by Devron

13 hours ago, buddyguy said:

Imagine our lineup once Josh and Demmer come back.

Debrusk-Pettersson-Sprong

Heinen-Miller-Boeser

Joshua-Blueger/Suter-Garland

Hoglander-Blueger/Suter-Sherwood

Aman

Hughes-Hronek

Soucy-Myers

Forbort-Desharnais

Brannstrom-Juulsen/Friedman

Demko

Silovs

Stacked or what? 

Add 1 more top 4RHD and watch out

I think you've hit the nail on the head there, buddyguy.  Raty will get 1st callup when there's an

injury and Bains will get his chance later on.  Both young players are in a better position to develop

their game, playing big minutes on the top line in Abby.  Both these prospects (especially Raty)

will probably join the team in the new year.

It would be a mistake to lose Aman to the waiver wire.  He is a better player than what many fans think.

Being the 13th player, he will have a lot of time to work on the physical aspect of the game.  He still has

lots of development time at just 24yrs.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

I think you've hit the nail on the head there, buddyguy.  Raty will get 1st callup when there's an

injury and Bains will get his chance later on.  Both young players are in a better position to develop

their game, playing big minutes on the top line in Abby.  Both these prospects (especially Raty)

will probably join the team in the new year.

It would be a mistake to lose Aman to the waiver wire.  He is a better player than what many fans think.

Being the 13th player, he will have a lot of time to work on the physical aspect of the game.  He still has

lots of development time at just 24yrs.

I think Lankinen will be our back up.

They don't want to lose him on waivers and Silovs is waiver exempt 

Plus while Arturs has been stellar, there are some holes in his game that they could develop down there.

• Like 1