Canucks Preseason Camp: 14F 8D 3G remain in camp

Integra250

4 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Was there ever any doubt that fellow Scandanavian Alvin would choose A-2 🐀2 (a Finn) over Bains - who outplayed him in the preseason (and exactly why I predicted 2 weeks ago that Bains would not make the team)?  I wish A-2 🐀2 good luck and hope Bains gets a chance soon and is not left to rot in Abby.

Raty is a centre. Bains is not. Those are the pertinent facts they based the decision on.

Edited by arsenalian
Spelling
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Remember that any player who has cleared waivers does not have to clear waivers again unless they have played 10 NHL games or spent 30 days on an NHL roster.  

So with Brannstrom, Wolanin, (possibly Freidman) etc each can be called up and then sent down without having to clear waivers as long as they don't exceed lone of those conditions.  The forward group too.  

Thus it is likely when we need to make call ups we may call up different players each time.  We have at least two forwards and like 6 defencemen we could call up and have play.  Let alone sit in the press box.  

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BC_Hawk said:

I'd rather roll with what we have, then have that space available to make a trade down the road if teh opportunity presents itself.

IF our bottom pairs are doing terrible, then bring in a guy like Shattenkirk until a better option opens up.

I agree.  Last year's bottom 4 defence was not as solid as this season and without the depth.  Soucey 

played 40 games, Cole + Myers 77games each, Juulson played 54 games and Fried played 23 games.

Adding Zad (54g) was a great move, that helped this motley crew become division champions and game

of the Conference championship.

The management have set the salary cap to make a similar move, (in late November), that will boost

the defence significantly.

For me, the elephant in the room is the goal tending situation.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Wasn’t liking our depth to begin with so hopefully we don’t lose him.

I liked Friedmans game more than Juulsen.

I thought Friedman was solid as well. Boston is going to play Zadorov as a #1 defensman. So I don't think our D depth is bad compared to most other teams 

Hope Friedman doesn’t get claimed.  Was as low maintenance as they come being the extra D.  Maybe one reason he is going to Abby-Id like to see him get more games/set a good example for the youngins

• Jess unfeatured this topic

GOING TO NEED TO PLAY SMART HOCKEY WITH TEAMS THAT HAVE TOUGHER NOT SKILLED PLAYERS IN LINE UPS..IF THE DEFENCE IS ALL TOUGHNESS YOU WILL GO DOW 2 MAN..OUR FORWARD GROUP AT MOMENT WILL HAVE TO STEP UP ON THE GRIT SIDE WITHOUT JEOPARDIZING THE OFFENCE..  4 TH LINE WILL HAVE TO PLAY SMART GAME..

• ThereItIs 2

17 hours ago, arsenalian said:

Raty is a centre. Bains is not. Those are the pertinent facts they based the decision on.

Bingo. Also to a certain extent waivers as well (as Bains outperformed other players on the roster as well).

Keep Bains, Raty, and Letterman in the AHL all season. They can be the top line. They can play the power play. They can put in 20+ minutes a game, all together, all season.

Bring up other shlubs to sit in the press box.

At the end of the year, as soon as the cap allow it after you load up to fix holes after the deadline, you bring all three up. 

Voila, my long, long, loooooooooooooooooooooong dream comes true.

The Canucks have a skilled, well seasoned, and accustomed to playing together kid line!!!!!

• ThereItIs 1

• Jess unpinned this topic