Canucks Preseason Camp: 15F 9D 3G remain in camp

Integra250

28 minutes ago, Rusty Shackleford said:

Thanks @Lewlowned for this previous list.  If I can count correctly that's 13 F and 8 D with injured players on IR.  

I think we have our roster.

Edit. I'll learn how to code on the forum another day.  Cut players have been deleted from the list.

And what a roster it is! I’m really liking our group right. Every line can push and battle

• Vintage 1

I'd love to see Raty on the opening night roster. He's worked his backside off to get back to the NHL and has looked good right from the get-go.

Åman might have the edge given his NHL experience, but I definitely think Raty has more medium term upside than him.

Guess we'll see what the last preseason game lineup is and judge from there.

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Lewlowned said:

Big list of cuts! Raty looks like the only young guy who made it through

Glad to see Lekkerimaki sent to Abbotsford, there's lots he can still learn at the AHL level. Hopefully he dominates down there this season like Stankoven did with Dallas's affiliate last season. He should get a top six role, more minutes, and hopefully more special teams time in Abbotsford than he'd probably get with the Canucks and he'll probably be better for it. 

Glad Raty looks to be getting his shot instead, he's been paying his dues and he's looked good. 

• Like 3

On 9/29/2024 at 1:07 PM, Honkin Hronek said:

Canucks Training Camp Roster

Forwards:

Brock Boeser

Conor Garland

J.T. Miller

Arshdeep Bains

Danton Heinen

Nils Höglander

Pius Suter

Kiefer Sherwood

Teddy Blueger

Aatu Räty

Jake DeBrusk

Dakota Joshua

Nils Åman

Daniel Sprong

Defenders: 

Carson Soucy

Filip Hronek

Derek Forbort
Akito Hirose

Quinn Hughes

Noah Juulsen

Mark Friedman

Tyler Myers

Vincent Desharnais

Goalies: 
Artūrs Šilovs

Thatcher Demko

Kevin Lankinen 

Injuries: 

Dakota Joshua 

Teddy Blueger 

Cole McWard

Thatcher Demko

R0ster Size: 26/66 (including injuries)

Released/Sent to Abbotsford/Sent to Junior:

Dino Kambeitz, John Stevens, Danila Klimovich, Chase Wouters, Vilmer Alriksson, Carsen Twarynski, Ty Glover, Riley Patterson, Josh Bloom, Anthony Romani, Deagan McMillian, Tristen Nielson, Ty Halaburda, Cooper Walker, Sammy Blais (PTO),  Basile Sansonnens, Jett Woo, Layton Ahac, Jo Arntsen, Sawyer Mynio, Guillaume Brisebois, Parker Alcos, Zach Berzolla, Ty Young, Jonathan Lemieux, Dylan Ferguson, Phillip Di Giuseppe, Ty Mueller, Elias Pettersson, Jonathan Lekkerimäki, Max Sasson, Nate Smith, Linus Karlsson, Elias Pettersson (D), Cole McWard, Christian Felton, Kirill Kudryavtsev, Christian Wolanen, Jiří Patera, Nikita Tolopilo

Edited this post with OP's desired formatting. Here's the line rushes from todays practice. 

Heinen - Miller - Boeser
DeBrusk - Pettersson - Sprong
Hoglander - Blueger - Garland
Bains - Aman - Sherwood
Raty

Hughes-Hronek
Soucy-Myers
Forbort-Desharnais
Friedman-Juulsen

Lankinen

Silovs

Suter (being evaluated), Hirose are absent from practice. I imagine Raty is the stopgap for Blueger if he's unable to go for opening night, and Aman is a fill-in for Suter. We still need to send down four players in order to be cap compliant, unless we dip into LTIR (not happening).

PP1

Boeser
Miller - DeBrusk - Pettersson
Hughes 

I like DeBrusk in the bumper spot. He's go a wicked release, and Boeser's gotten sneaky good at playing net front. Hopefully the PP isn't so stagnant this year with the Sedin's running things, but this group could feast against less organized competition. One thing I noticed is on top of moving more, the powerplays this preseason have been making passes much quicker instead of inviting pressure. This forces the PK into a box, which makes their set plays much easier to execute - ala Bains' goal.

• Like 2

I know this is redundant as you all are on the ball, but posting anyway as i go to update the first post on page one..

Vancouver Canucks (per team announcement)

Phillip Di Giuseppe (to AHL Abbotsford, pending waivers)
Christian Felton (to AHL Abbotsford)
Linus Karlsson (to AHL Abbotsford)
Kirill Kudryavtsev (to AHL Abbotsford)
Jonathan Lekkerimäki (to AHL Abbotsford)
Cole McWard (to AHL Abbotsford)
Ty Mueller (to AHL Abbotsford)
Jiří Patera (to AHL Abbotsford, pending waivers)
Elias Pettersson (to AHL Abbotsford)
Max Sasson (to AHL Abbotsford)
Nathan Smith (to AHL Abbotsford, pending waivers)
Nikita Tolopilo (to AHL Abbotsford)
D Christian Wolanin (to AHL Abbotsford, pending waivers)

• Thanks 1

• Optimist Prime changed the title to Canucks Preseason Camp: 15F 9D 3G remain in camp

Forbert and Desharnais together woof. Get ready for hughes and hronek to be worn down by December.

Seems a weird strategy that not one of those D pairs had a game together yet. 

not big on raty as the 13th forward, hopefully he goes down and plays 1c in abby. Makes sense hes there for now if theres health concerns on bluegar and suter.

The forward lines look great, deep and could have good chemistry.

14 minutes ago, Conscience said:

Forbert and Desharnais together woof. Get ready for hughes and hronek to be worn down by December.

not big on raty as the 13th forward, hopefully he goes down and plays 1c in abby. Makes sense hes there for now if theres health concerns on bluegar and suter.

I’m sure they’ve been looking to sign or trade for a bottom pair puck mover for awhile.

Wouldn’t be surprised if they’ve kicked the tires on Shattenkirk.

At this point I think Friedman bumps one of them. He’s been solid.

Edited by DeNiro
  • ThereItIs 1

Raty has earned a few games with the team once the season starts.  I assume that when Joshua returns to health, Raty and Bains will be sent to Abby for home stands to help accrue some cap space, and one will travel while on the road.  Freidman also will get waived and Juulsen will stay as our 7 D.

PDG could get claimed, but I think the others are all pretty safe to push through. 

We have a very very deep forward pool right now.  

16 minutes ago, Conscience said:

I don't expect Forbort/Desharnais to last for more than two months. Last year we acquired Zadorov on December 3rd, and I expect we'll make a defensive trade at some point in that timeline. I could easily see a Suter+Pick/Prospect for Mario Ferraro (@50%) deal being made if Suter doesn't start as well as he did last year or if Aman plays at a comparable level.  

Hughes - Hronek 

Ferraro/Soucy - Myers 

Soucy/Ferraro - Desharnais 

They could (and should) also look at biting the bullet on Poolman's salary and trading a 1st+ for Rasmus Andersson (@50%) to push Myers down. Like, just imagine: 

Hughes - Hronek 

Ferraro - Andersson

Soucy - Myers 

Forbort/Desharnais

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I’m sure they’ve been looking to sign or trade for a bottom pair puck mover for awhile.

Wouldn’t be surprised if they’ve kicked the tires on Shattenkirk.

At this point I think Friedman bumps one of them. He’s been solid.

Yes im hoping Friedman makes the team, hes impressed.

toc seems to favour juulsens pk ability though 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Integra250 said:

With Demko, Blueger, and Joshua on the shelf for now, could we see this opening line up?

Hoglander-Miller-Boeser

Debrusk-Pettersson-Sprong

Heinen-Raty-Garland

Bains-Suter-Sherwood

Aman

Hughes-Hronek

Soucy-Myers

Forbort-Desharnais

Friedman

Silovs

Lankinen

So, maybe run 22 guys and have the ability to pull a 23rd up to practice with the main club for a few days at a time.

1 hour ago, Honkin Hronek said:

I don't expect Forbort/Desharnais to last for more than two months. Last year we acquired Zadorov on December 3rd, and I expect we'll make a defensive trade at some point in that timeline. I could easily see a Suter+Pick/Prospect for Mario Ferraro (@50%) deal being made if Suter doesn't start as well as he did last year or if Aman plays at a comparable level.  

Hughes - Hronek 

Ferraro/Soucy - Myers 

Soucy/Ferraro - Desharnais 

They could (and should) also look at biting the bullet on Poolman's salary and trading a 1st+ for Rasmus Andersson (@50%) to push Myers down. Like, just imagine: 

Hughes - Hronek 

Ferraro - Andersson

Soucy - Myers 

Forbort/Desharnais

That’s a sexy back end 

3 hours ago, Conscience said:

That has been my main worry.  If you can’t trust the third pairing, and the 2nd pairing isn’t even particularly strong (if they don’t split the two top guys up)… you see 28 minutes a night for Hughes.

Things can unravel pretty fast.  Injury from overplaying him, suddenly the defence is a huge liability.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

I’m all good with PDG being sent down/waived, he’s not a favourite player of mine. I viewed him as just a filler on any line with no production, and we are a deeper team now with other options.

I like the top 2 lines, kinda what I was expecting.

Sprong has shown to be a threat offensively in preseason and now will see Heinen instead of PDG with Miller and Boeser.

Be really great once Joshua returns, then we can slide Hogs to the 4th line with Suter and Sherwood!

As for our defence, we’ll have to wait and see.

Other than how our top pairing works.

But at least the 2 new guys are BIG and good on the PK and we have an excellent coaching staff(cough,cough) to better them!

I wonder who gets the start in net Friday?

…and who starts in net for the opener??

Edited by Bretzky