Canucks Training Camp Thread - September 19-22, 2024

Integra250

• Integra250 changed the title to Canucks Training Camp Thread - September 19-22, 2024

RFO!  Let's get it started.

Anybody willing to show up out of shape and face Mister Tocchet?

This is going to be the best camp in a very long time, maybe ever.

Being a dinosaur, I still miss the heavyweights jockeying for positions on the team.

But there was also a downside to those fights; i.e. fighters were on the same team, so you didn't want anybody to get seriously hurt.

Back in those days it was either back to the sawmill or on to The Show; and it was such a difference that it was well worth fighting for.

But its different now and every player is much more skilled and talented.

Personally, I am really looking forward to seeing Letterkenny with our top-notch forwards.

I doubt he will benefit very much from time spent in the Animal Hockey League.

Thanks JR&Co, this team is so much better over a relatively short period of time.

Now, let's get ready to Drop The Puck! 

We've got a Cup To Win!

polish.gif

2 hours ago, Viking said:

this is where the old site might have been nice to still have around. the team forum would likely have posted some stuff by now, maybe its on social media, THIS is my version of social media...

There’s not been a whole lot coming out. A few tweets with pictures but no concrete stuff:

I was hoping we’d see stuff regarding Thatcher and his health today

If Blueger, Joshua, and Demko are all not ready for opening day it'll be interesting to see how the canucks can start the season without going in LTIR

Right now they have about 100k in cap space and that's accounting for 24 players with Poolman scheduled to go on IR so it doesn't count as a roster spot

But if they plan on putting Joshua, Blueger, and Demko on IR too than where's the cap space to call up their replacements? Joshua and Blueger could be replaced by aman/pdg with no 13th forward but for another goalie we'd have to waive Friedman.

Also does anyone know the different between starting the season on LTIR vs going into LTIR during the season?