Canucks Training Camp Thread - September 19-22, 2024

Integra250

20 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Noticed in the prospects’ games that Raty was taking faceoffs (on his offside) right handed with his stick turned over. The Empties are thinking Canucks brass are expecting Raty to fill the 3C spot. 

We've been talking about trades, but if he can follow Millers lead and be successful taking face offs this way, maybe he's the answer.

Do you think he's ready for a full time NHL job?

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

We've been talking about trades, but if he can follow Millers lead and be successful taking face offs this way, maybe he's the answer.

As a player, Raty is an NHLer right now. As a centre, who can take Dzone draws like a right shot, not too sure. We are about to find out. 
The cool part is Raty has learned that to get an nhl paycheck he needed to change his game to fill that role. So whether it’s now or in a few months we have the next Malholtra. We win! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Benning, the King of the morons, is no longer our GM. We are good now. On and off the ice. 

Under Benning we all knew it was bad, but it wasn't until we brought in Rutherford did we understand just how bad it was.  Rutherford and Allvin continue to make the previous regime look like morons.  its like going from Elementary school to Harvard University.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

Under Benning we all knew it was bad, but it wasn't until we brought in Rutherford did we understand just how bad it was.  Rutherford and Allvin continue to make the previous regime look like morons.  its like going from Elementary school to Harvard University.

Still don’t understand how our owner put up with Benning/Brod for as long as he did? From Gillis (GM of the year who built winning teams) to Benning. What was our owner thinking????

• Cheers 1
  • chaos 1

Just now, Alflives said:

Still don’t understand how our owner put up with Benning/Brod for as long as he did? From Gillis (GM of the year who built winning teams) to Benning. What was our owner thinking????

Hes a fan too. Maybe he read CDC. One of those.

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Alflives said:

Benning could always point to Petey and Hughes, and maybe that was enough for the owner to not look under the hood as they say at the hockey operations.  It just wasn't on a professional level.  

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

47 minutes ago, Alflives said:

As a player, Raty is an NHLer right now. As a centre, who can take Dzone draws like a right shot, not too sure. We are about to find out. 
The cool part is Raty has learned that to get an nhl paycheck he needed to change his game to fill that role. So whether it’s now or in a few months we have the next Malholtra. We win! 

Again it all points the the hands on development from the coaches.  I hear Price from the S&P show and he says the NHL isn't a development league.  Well tell that to the Canucks coaching staff.  Tell that to Hogs, Joshua, Juulsen, Myers and Zadorov.  Even the veterans are developing here. And it doesn't matter what age you are or where you were drafted, if you're committed to learning from the coaches you will develop into an solid NHLer.  Raty has the best coaching staff to develop from. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Pure961089 said:

Again it all points the the hands on development from the coaches.  I hear Price from the S&P show and he says the NHL isn't a development league.  Well tell that to the Canucks coaching staff.  Tell that to Hogs, Joshua, Juulsen, Myers and Zadorov.  Even the veterans are developing here. And it doesn't matter what age you are or where you were drafted, if you're committed to learning from the coaches you will develop into a solid NHLer.  Raty has the best coaching staff to develop from. 

Exactly! We have great managers again, who know what good coaches are like. Raty is getting the best of coaching and from guys who “have been there”. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

If this brass thinks he's close than I wouldn't underestimate them.  They must feel strongly they can develop him very quickly.  He has all the tools already, If his mentally and physically ready than there shouldn't be a problem. 

• MillerTime 1

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Benning, the King of the morons, is no longer our GM. We are good now. On and off the ice. 

President of moron society 

Chief of the moron tribe 

King of moronistan

Jim Moron Benning 

• ThereItIs 1

7 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

President of moron society 

Chief of the moron tribe 

King of moronistan

Jim Moron Benning 

Seemingly a super nice guy though. But as a fan, who will never know these people, i’d much rather have a nasty pos (who wins as GM) than a nice guy. 
But would for certain prefer Benning as my neighbour. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Pure961089 said:

I tried to explain how bad/neanderthal Benning was but I was just ridiculed by the others that defended Benning.

it’s insane how little people understand when they get stuck in their opinion. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, LillStrimma said:

I tried to explain how bad/neanderthal Benning was but I was just ridiculed by the others that defended Benning.

it’s insane how little people understand when they get stuck in their opinion. 

We are just fans and that’s why we couldn’t accept Benning for what he truly was, when pointed out. We were hopeful he wasn’t a moron. Sadly that’s exactly what he proved to be. A big, dumb, moron. The worst GM we’ve ever had. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

We are just fans and that’s why we couldn’t accept Benning for what he truly was, when pointed out. We were hopeful he wasn’t a moron. Sadly that’s exactly what he proved to be. A big, dumb, moron. The worst GM we’ve ever had. 

Great junior d-man though. He’s got that going for him ….

• Vintage 1

I hear the reasons Lekkerimaki should play in Abby next year.  I hear he needs another year to develop, he needs to get used to the bigger ice, he needs to get bigger and he's gonna get killed playing in the NHL.  Let me respond with a rebuttal. 

-Whether the big club or Abby, he will develop even better with the big club.  His development will be handled by pros, by players he looks up to. I don't think his development could be in better hands than the Canucks coaching staff. 

-It doesn't take long for Swedes to get used to the smaller ice surface.  He's already played multiple tourneys on small the ice.  He's been used to it. for a while now.

-Whether he plays in the SHL the AHL or the NHL he will be playing against men. He's been playing against men since he was 17.  He has an NHL frame and I can point to a few on the team and many in the league that are shorter and weigh less than him, and they're thriving.  What makes Lekke any different?  If he's mentally and physically ready than what's the delay?  We've already established they can't rush him if he's being developed by arguably the best development program in the league.  How can both exist in the same space?

But we know this ambitious, confident borderline arrogant management , and they like to show off their talent,  they're so good.  They can do this on the fly, Like they do and have done with everything else.

Edited by Pure961089
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1