Four Canucks games broadcast on Prime this season

Goalie29

42 minutes ago, EastCoastExpress said:

I think it might be better. Perhaps they will have alternate audio where you just hear the ice level sounds and the crowd!

Experience the intermissions the same way as Live?

No bullshit pundants?

That would be awesome. Glad I have prime already 

2 hours ago, Shift-4 said:

thanks for headsup @Goalie29

I was just about to close my Prime membership. I ain't watching a damn thing on the platform.

There are still going to be people freaking out on those dates when they can't find the game on the usual station.

I still have Prime.  I'm only on Season 2 of The Boys.  :towel:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Slegr said:

Not a fan of the Prime thing. Kind of reminds me of the pay per view days. Why isn’t Sportsnet handling it all? Those are pretty important games that will have good viewership.

I'm curious who will cover the games. This might actually lead to better local coverage, I can't stand having to listen to edmonton homers like Singh.

Well that's absolute bullshit. I watch every single game but...guess not any more.

Don't force me into subscriptions I don't want. This sucks donkey balls.

And people like my Dad (senior) will get totally left behind soon. Sure, technology blah blah blah but with so many platforms soon it'll cost us a fortune to try to cover all the bases.

• Like 3
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, -dlc- said:

Well that's absolute bullshit. I watch every single game but...guess not any more.

Don't force me into subscriptions I don't want. This sucks donkey balls.

Prime is very common in US.  Very few people I know don't have access to it.  Wife doesn't have it, but she uses my account, for example. 

With regards to the game, perhaps wait and see if there is a free trial period.  Sign up, watch the game, then cancel.  

• ThereItIs 2

Amazon continuously offers free trial memberships to the Prime program. 

I was never a member and anytime I ordered from Amazon they offered me a trial period of Prime which included free expedited shipping, Prime Video, Prime Music and reduced pricing on items. 

In the last 3 years I’ve had about 9 months of free service. I recently signed up for $11 monthly as there (imo) is some decent programming to watch. Lots of historical programs, LOTR’s and Rings of Power which has improved significantly from the first season. 

If anyone investigates it shouldn’t be difficult to get a free ride for those games. I believe they are timing this for the holiday season because people will be gathered and looking to fill holidays during the winter when stuck indoors. It’s likely they will put a lot of new and interesting shows up during that period to entice paid subscriptions . 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Prime is very common in US.  Very few people I know don't have access to it.  Wife doesn't have it, but she uses my account, for example. 

With regards to the game, perhaps wait and see if there is a free trial period.  Sign up, watch the game, then cancel.  

Apple tv did this I think with the Friday night mlb games.

I cancelled my Rogers streaming and won't be going back after the shit show homerism they pulled. 

🏴‍☠️

• Cheers 1

15 hours ago, Goalie29 said:

There are still going to be people freaking out on those dates when they can't find the game on the usual station.

I still have Prime.  I'm only on Season 2 of The Boys.  :towel:

The Boys is a great concept. Love Homelander.

But a few story lines are kind of useless to me.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, The Duke said:

Amazon with the little trial run here? I have prime so personally not an issue - can appreciate how others would be impacted though. 

Seems like they’re trying to entice some people into a one month trial. Understandable from their POV but strange that Canucks/Sportsnet would go for it.

I'm curious what will happen if games start being shown all over the place. Isn't that was Centre Ice was for, so you can see all the games? 

I'd hate to get multiple subscriptions to different streaming sites for games. 

My real fear is $110 just for internet and like 10 streaming services at $20 a month. That's worse than cable. 

• Cheers 2

Cool. I’ll be expecting a significant upgrade in picture and sound quality compared to Sportsnet. Sportsnet has gone so cheap in recent years between the very poor local sports radio talent - not to mention moving towards Toronto-centric programming - and the underwhelming broadcast quality.

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I'm curious what will happen if games start being shown all over the place. Isn't that was Centre Ice was for, so you can see all the games? 

I'd hate to get multiple subscriptions to different streaming sites for games. 

My real fear is $110 just for internet and like 10 streaming services at $20 a month. That's worse than cable. 

Talk Like A Pirate Day GIF

My Dad's a senior and they really aren't providing basic services for seniors any more. Sad that the world is leaving him/them behind....on fixed incomes, they can't afford to add on services, etc. Nor do they want to.

They'll lose him as a fan unfortunately because he doesn't care enough to go through the hassle. Eventually, some will just lose interest and not bother.

• Sad 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1