Edler to retire a Canuck, be celebrated by Canucks

Coconuts

18 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Fourth all-time in games played for the Canuck, only one of four to play 900+ games, and the only D to do so. Current holder of most Canucks D records. Will probably be the Canucks second-best D all time by the time Hughes wraps up his career imo, based on his performance and longevity as a Canuck. 

I really wish he'd managed to hit 1K games as a Canuck, I'm still sour it never happened. 925 games as a Canuck. Injuries over the years cost him that, as did him and the Canucks not being able to work out one last deal. 

Definitely one of my favourites. 

They could prob. sign him for the whole year as 3rd pair left and be better than anyone we would put there! Give him a chance to hit 1000

Isnt he better than Forbert?

Edited by EastCoastExpress
  • Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

I really don't care for the one-day contract things, but I do love Edler. Was one of my favourites for a long time and I'm excited to see him honoured. He'll get into the Ring of Honour this year or next year most likely.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, EastCoastExpress said:

They could prob. sign him for the whole year as 3rd pair left and be better than anyone we would put there! Give him a chance to hit 1000

Isnt he better than Forbert?

Last season, maybe, he wanted to keep playing 

But he probably isn't in game shape anymore 

I like this. I wish he could have finished the last few years out here, I have a feeling if the management we have in place now had been here when his contract was he up he would have - In any case!

Congrats & Hope he enjoys retirement!

Maybe we'll get to see him do a few signings at Pastime Sports🤞😄

• Cheers 1

Nice to hear. Edler was a great Canuck. We let him down though. Why nobody defended him when Leafs goon tried to “play by the code” with him was a joke, and a big black mark on the heart of the Canucks, to let a goon beat the snot out of one of our greatest defensemen. With our current coach in place, I don’t see our team allowing that kind of crap again.

Edited by Slegr
  • Cheers 1