The World Events Thread

Sharpshooter

8 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

As opposed to just accepting everything they do quietly? Thats very in the spirit of the Democracy...

I'm not in the CanPoli thread constantly attacking them, I've not been in there for awhile, so don't put that on me. And I view this as an entirely non-partisan issue regardless.

I prefer leadership that opposes Communist dictatorships & is willing to say so when push comes to shove. Its not that big an ask.

Yet they can't even endorse a peoples clear struggle for freedom, and seeming victory, when many countries are because this leadership has no principals. 

You are just pasting your own narrative on to them and the situation.

Do you really think they don't care about what is happening there? 

• Cheers 1

On 8/2/2024 at 12:59 PM, Bob Long said:

What would you prefer, a declaration of war?

Jesus can we stop bitching about every single thing this government does?

It's comical actually....

"Why doesn't Trudeau say something about this?!" :frantic:

"Uh, he did".... :classic_unsure:

"Well that was lame." :classic_dry:

• Haha 2

Just now, RupertKBD said:

It's comical actually....

"Why doesn't Trudeau say something about this?!" :frantic:

"Uh, he did".... :classic_unsure:

"Well that was lame." :classic_dry:

Trudeau didn't send our special forces to kill another world leader, such a pussy rite?

If pp wins it's going to be weird for them, I guess that they can always still complain about Justin tho.

8 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Trudeau didn't send our special forces to kill another world leader, such a pussy rite?

If pp wins it's going to be weird for them, I guess that they can always still complain about Justin tho.

I suppose they'll always have the "PM Hair Gel" flex.....but like a lot of the shtick, it will ring hollow....

image.jpeg.fe100995f2488f729cb2eba47bc552f9.jpegimage.jpeg.6f49d034cf9642cad6fe22786617f6cb.jpeg

Which of these two guys do you think leads in the "hair gel" department?

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

I suppose they'll always have the "PM Hair Gel" flex.....but like a lot of the shtick, it will ring hollow....

image.jpeg.fe100995f2488f729cb2eba47bc552f9.jpegimage.jpeg.6f49d034cf9642cad6fe22786617f6cb.jpeg

Clearly pp is a hairspray kinda guy, because he doesn't think climate change is real and he probably thinks the o-zone hole is just an NFL football play. :classic_rolleyes:

• Haha 1

A plan, and its working, to solve drought, climate change. And starvation for Nomadic peoples who, for war and politics can no longer follow rains on the plains in Africa.

Its also working.  Grass and forests are returning! Simple trenches dug by hand to retain water.

6000 Football pitches restored in 8 years. @Ilunga

https://youtu.be/sjcCtPcL56c

image.thumb.png.f7f2568671dfd409fc2cd9217cc56033.png

image.thumb.png.0c104d36d475ecdccfc35c6f1e4b4bbf.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Bob Long said:

You are just pasting your own narrative on to them and the situation.

Do you really think they don't care about what is happening there? 

They are the ones that made a non-statement while other nations are standing on the side of freedom vs authoritarianism. That had nothing to do with me.

And not deeply, no.

Edited by Smashian Kassian

4 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

They are the ones that made a non-statement while other nations are standing on the side of freedom vs authoritarianism. That had nothing to do with me.

And not deeply, no.

You and I just live in different worlds I guess. I don't see what you see.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

You and I just live in different worlds I guess. I don't see what you see.

The frustration was that this a layup, to me a very clear good v evil situation that wasn't properly addressed imo. These people represent me & you after-all.

And you know what, to their credit I just came across a development in this area. 

From today, fresh off the press, much better;

https://www.canada.ca/en/global-affairs/news/2024/08/statement-by-minister-joly-on-results-of-presidential-election-in-venezuela.html

I suppose being late is better than not arriving.

• Like 1

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/taylor-swift-vienna-concerts-cancelled-chancellor-says-tragedy-averted/ar-AA1opHoT?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=1fd8fdd084414ff3a026af8d35e78584&ei=38

"BERLIN (Reuters) - Taylor Swift's three concerts in Vienna this week were cancelled after the government confirmed a planned attack at the stadium, the organizer announced late on Wednesday, and Austria's Chancellor Karl Nehammer said "a tragedy was prevented".

"Thanks to the intensive cooperation of our police and the newly established DSN with foreign services, the threat was identified early on, combated and a tragedy prevented," Nehammer said in a post on social media platform X.

"With confirmation from government officials of a planned terrorist attack at Ernst Happel Stadium, we have no choice but to cancel the three scheduled shows for everyone’s safety," Barracuda.music said in a post on Instagram, adding all tickets would be automatically refunded.

Austrian police on Wednesday detained two people suspected of plotting attacks on concerts, Franz Ruf, director general for public security, said at a news conference on Wednesday evening.

"During our investigations, we identified preparatory actions and noted that the 19 year-old suspect had a particular focus on the Taylor Swift concerts in Vienna," Ruf said, adding that the suspect, an Austrian citizen, had pledged allegiance to Islamic state.

---------------------

mal

On 8/7/2024 at 4:45 PM, Gurn said:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/taylor-swift-vienna-concerts-cancelled-chancellor-says-tragedy-averted/ar-AA1opHoT?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=1fd8fdd084414ff3a026af8d35e78584&ei=38

"BERLIN (Reuters) - Taylor Swift's three concerts in Vienna this week were cancelled after the government confirmed a planned attack at the stadium, the organizer announced late on Wednesday, and Austria's Chancellor Karl Nehammer said "a tragedy was prevented".

"Thanks to the intensive cooperation of our police and the newly established DSN with foreign services, the threat was identified early on, combated and a tragedy prevented," Nehammer said in a post on social media platform X.

"With confirmation from government officials of a planned terrorist attack at Ernst Happel Stadium, we have no choice but to cancel the three scheduled shows for everyone’s safety," Barracuda.music said in a post on Instagram, adding all tickets would be automatically refunded.

Austrian police on Wednesday detained two people suspected of plotting attacks on concerts, Franz Ruf, director general for public security, said at a news conference on Wednesday evening.

"During our investigations, we identified preparatory actions and noted that the 19 year-old suspect had a particular focus on the Taylor Swift concerts in Vienna," Ruf said, adding that the suspect, an Austrian citizen, had pledged allegiance to Islamic state.

---------------------

mal

Wow, holy crap. Thank god they got wind of this early enough & prevented it. 

Seems like this war with Israel is pushing more violence than usual. Maybe I could be off on attributing it to that, but man things are crazy in the world right now 

• ThereItIs 1

On 8/9/2024 at 7:44 PM, Dumb Nuck said:

This was a terrible thing....

I watched a video that someone on the ground had taken and the plane was basically corkscrewing it's way straight down. The aviation expert that was commenting on the video said it's what is called a "flat spin". He believed that the plane stalled and that the pilot was attempting a maneuver to restart the engines. Unfortunately, this gambit requires a lot of elevation and it appears as though they didn't have enough altitude to pull it off....

I also read in a different article, that people are the ground were calling the pilot a "hero". According to that article, he somehow managed to make sure the plane missed the many houses and apartments that were in the area...or it could have been even worse....

Disturbing details on Matthew Perry's death investigation, per the the US Attorney's Office & DEA...

* 5 defendants, including 2 doctors & Perry's live-in assistant, have been charged in connection with the actor's death.

* Perry became addicted to ketamine when seeking treatment. He was taken advantage of by doctors who sold him ketamine for thousands of dollars.

* Text messages between the 2 doctors reveal they knew they were taking advantage of Perry: “I wonder how much this moron will pay."

* One of the doctors sold ketamine to Perry's live-in assistant & taught the assistant how to inject Perry with the ketamine, knowing he was not a medical professional.

* Perry then sought to obtain ketamine for less money than from doctors, so he obtained drugs from "street dealers" via his assistant, per the DEA.

* The ketamine that ultimately led to Perry's death was sold by these street dealers. Perry's assistant was the one who injected the ketamine on October 28, 2023 – the day Perry died.

* After Perry’s death was reported in the news, one of the street dealers text the other: “Delete all our messages.”

Beyond disgusting but pretty standard behaviour for drug dealers. Not much difference than the Sackler family.

• Upvote 2

BJJ is a form of sports competition that I dont mind seeing man vs woman. If the size and experience is close, sanction it.

They call their matches 'fights' but they are not. They are grappling/submission wrestling.

Gabi is a monster of a woman, she had natural gifts (size) and then found steroids....a lot of them

Craig is a good guy. Has an invitational tourny. He's going to 'fight' Gabi then donate the proceeds to a cause in Brazil where his opponent is from. 

https://www.mmafighting.com/2024/8/14/24218823/gabi-garcia-smash-craig-jones-shock-the-world-cji-inter-gender-match-bjj-grappling

On 8/4/2024 at 10:39 AM, RupertKBD said:

Being bald myself, I'm jealous either way....