Wings Re-sign Seider 7 years $8.55m AAV

20 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

This is gonna age well imo, Detroit's offseason has largely been pretty meh but this and the Raymond deal have been good work 

It really goes back to the Larkin contact. Yzerman was able to set an artificial ceiling on team contracts by signing Larkin at an $8.7M cap hit, and using that fact in negotiations.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Drive-By Body Pierce said:

It really goes back to the Larkin contact. Yzerman was able to set an artificial ceiling on team contracts by signing Larkin at an $8.7M cap hit, and using that fact in negotiations.

His handling of UFA signings is questionable but both his drafting and RFA signings have been pretty tidy work thus far 

Seider, Raymond, and Larkin all for roughly 25.3mil until 2031 pretty good considering the cap jumps we've been seeing 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Like 1

Have to give some credit to Tony Wolak of the Hockey Writers who predicted 8 x 8.5: https://thehockeywriters.com/red-wings-seider-contract-projection/

But many other projections were also about 8.5.

I view  this contract as pretty close to the expected value. Not a steal for the Wings by any means, but a pretty good contract.

• Upvote 1

Part of a pretty solid core moving forward, (#1C/ #1W/ #2W/ #2C/ #1RD) Larkin/ Raymond/ DeBrincat/ Compher/ Seider all locked up with term (if they can recoup Copp then even better).  Probably awaiting Edvinsson and their young goalies to take the reins in the other positions but that's a good foundation.

My favorite player in NHL outside the Canucks, has been since his draft year. This is a stellar contract for the Wings, going to age really well as he enters his prime. Good for Detroit for locking up him and Raymond.

Also, fun reference. I have both of these players in GFL (hit up @Gatorin the Fantasy section still 2 teams up for grabs) and signed them to their contracts in the summer as RFAs.

Mo 

My contract 8.5 x 8

IRL 8.55 x 7

Raymond

My contract 7.7 x 7

IRL 8.075 x 8

Nailed it.

Edited by MeanSeanBean
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, MeanSeanBean said:

My favorite player in NHL outside the Canucks, has been since his draft year. This is a stellar contract for the Wings, going to age really well as he enters his prime. Good for Detroit for locking up him and Raymond.

Also, fun reference. I have both of these players in GFL (hit up Gator in the Fantasy section still 2 teams up for grabs) and signed them to their contracts in the summer

Mo 

My contract 8.5 x 8

IRL 8.55 x 7

Raymond

My contract 7.7 x 7

IRL 8.075 x 8

Nailed it.

image.gif.dd6091cf6e746effa4d6f9711fb18d51.gif

15 minutes ago, lionized27 said:

I'm positive Yzerman want to not only reach the playoffs, but success thereafter.

If Yzerboy wants to make the plays and then have success after why waste money on Raymond (a softy McMuffin) and Seider (a slo mo dough head) ? 
Honestly hard to understand Yzerboy’s thinking here. Unless he wants to be a Benning clone. 

• Haha 3