[Report] Canucks' Thatcher Demko Opens Up On “Ambiguous” & “Frustrating” Injury

RWJC

Dunno who will start the season as the back up goalie, but thank goodness we have Silovs as a starter to begin at least for now!

Me thinks it’ll be goalie 1A and 1B goalie tandem after Demko is back ready to play games. 
Run with who’s hot not cold, 1A or 1B…not a bad situation, thank goodness for Silovs.

The goalies can be both kept rested, like no back to back starts unless really needed. 
Choose your starter, 2 good choices!

Edited by Bretzky
  • Like 1
  • Desmenko 1

I'm just not feeling confident that Demko will ever play the majority of a regular season and playoffs again. He's had several injuries that have seemingly taken longer to recover from than hoped/expected, and there's only more wear and tear each season, and he's getting older. Well, that's all relative lol. I wish I was an "old" 28 again!

It would be amazing if Silovs was able to step in to a much bigger role here and do well, but historically very young goaltenders don't jump in to a starting role and excel right away. I want the Canucks at least investigating other strong options in goal.

I guess I'm a gloomy Gus today!

• Like 1
  • Desmenko 1

23 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

I'm just not feeling confident that Demko will ever play the majority of a regular season and playoffs again. He's had several injuries that have seemingly taken longer to recover from than hoped/expected, and there's only more wear and tear each season, and he's getting older. Well, that's all relative lol. I wish I was an "old" 28 again!

It would be amazing if Silovs was able to step in to a much bigger role here and do well, but historically very young goaltenders don't jump in to a starting role and excel right away. I want the Canucks at least investigating other strong options in goal.

I guess I'm a gloomy Gus today!

I thought it was Gloomy, and I guess it kinda really is! 
Shitty Career threatening injuries suck!

But as you mentioned we have Silovs as well as a still injury prone Demko this year for goaltenders.

2 Starter quality goalies to choose to play any game..not every game for the whole season.

No rushing Silovs.

At the end of the season it’s judgment time, who ya keeping and who’s trade bait!

Edited by Bretzky

48 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

We'll poop. Was hoping to hear the exact injury, guess they're keeping it under wraps.

To quote the esteemed Darryl Sutter, when asked about one his player's injuries, "it is a body injury."

4 minutes ago, SuchaNuxtalgia said:

Well, that's sport, & usual Nux-luck I s'pose...

Good thing is I like Silovs & Tolo too. Recent winners haven't relied tooo heavily on 'tending. Perhaps if they deal with this early season, they'll have it nicely sorted by spring?

Sounds like Demko is on the road to playing very soon. 

• Cheers 1

32 minutes ago, Jigsaw said:

I’m no doctor… but all he has to do is take a few tequila shots and a couple of puffs of a pipe, and he will feel nothing for game time. I probably should be a doctor.

I’m pretty sure he injured his knee huffing those friggin smelling salts at the start of each game. Absolute Junkie.

• Haha 1

I'm baffled how MGMT didn't get in front of this. Seems weird. 

Their trying to wait out Lankonnen? Don't get it. They let Desmith walk, he played great for us he got 3x1 tell me they couldn't have signed him for that bury him in the minors if it doesn't work out easily movable contract. Instead they signed Patera? 

They kinda painted themselves into a corner. Seems uncharacteristic. There must be a trade in the works hence the whole poolman ltir nonsense accuring cap is not what this team does. Even if we get a 3m goalie and eventually a healthy Demko our goalie tandem will only be 8m. A bargain. 

Who is available around the league experienced vet type with 2 years or less term? Other than the FA's.

1 hour ago, SuchaNuxtalgia said:

Well, that's sport, & usual Nux-luck I s'pose...

Good thing is I like Silovs & Tolo too. Recent winners haven't relied tooo heavily on 'tending. Perhaps if they deal with this early season, they'll have it nicely sorted by spring?

So if you like them,does that suppose to mean they are good?

3 minutes ago, Lemon Face said:

So if you like them,does that suppose to mean they are good?

Well, both young, so hope they're good is prob more on point.

With all the lousy campaigns Van has endured(interspersed with some success) these past couple decades, 'tending has likely been our strongest component. All that said I really like TD's game & positive attitude, so will be absolutely cheering for him to get back to his top form.

• Desmenko 1