Vibe check

Blue

12 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Can't say I've noticed, I've seen some folks who are understandably considered about Demko but nothing outrageous 

Given his track record of injuries in recent years I get why folks are concerned

There are people who are ultra-sensitive to happenings/non-happenings, and will quickly jump to conclusions that may not necessarily show confidence in the team.

And then there are people who are ultra-sensitive to those who are ultra-sensitively jumping to conclusions of non-confidence, and complain about what they deem to be a lack of support of the team (despite the fact that those showing non-confidence might still be supportive of the team in their own way).

The rest of us - well...

phrl12s.gif

• ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

There are people who are ultra-sensitive to happenings/non-happenings, and will quickly jump to conclusions that may not necessarily show confidence in the team.

And then there are people who are ultra-sensitive to those who are ultra-sensitively jumping to conclusions of non-confidence, and complain about what they deem to be a lack of support of the team (despite the fact that those showing non-confidence might still be supportive of the team in their own way).

The rest of us - well...

phrl12s.gif

inception-deeper.gif.ee00830687a218d01e12e00387e9b02f.gif

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I am really concerned about Demko and still a bit spooked about which Petey will show up, it could be a hell of a happy season or it could go south pretty quick.

We could have both Petey's showing up.  GCG!

2 hours ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I am really concerned about Demko and still a bit spooked about which Petey will show up, it could be a hell of a happy season or it could go south pretty quick.

I'd say the floor is pretty high will be more challenging to win the division but 90-95 points is worst case scenario

I'm not a panic driver. I'm a wait and see fan. I've been burned so many times. I was so happy and honestly kind of shocked at last year's start. 

If they can replicate that, and our goaltending stays solid, then bring the good times and vibes. 

Now that we've turned a corner and a much better team, with much better management, training camp is a huge opportunity to confront our inherent fear of disappointment as Canucks fans.

It's ok for our fear of disappointment to turn a corner, too.

Not being negative. Very optimistic about this season and many of the new additions!

I will say that I'm frustrated that we have players injured to start camp. Unless a player has had major surgery and is recovering, I don't understand how guys can have 6 months off and still show up to camp injured. DJ excluded from that obviously.

• Cheers 1