Vibe check

Blue

32 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Not being negative. Very optimistic about this season and many of the new additions!

I will say that I'm frustrated that we have players injured to start camp. Unless a player has had major surgery and is recovering, I don't understand how guys can have 6 months off and still show up to camp injured. DJ excluded from that obviously.

It doesn't do anyone good to be injured or non-playing prior to camp. A lot of players need the "rhythm" to get back into it. Remember when Nylander sat out his RFA at the beginning? It negatively impacted him so much that he couldn't score. It's possible that the injury was maybe more severe than what the player or anyone else thought. Then there's the recovery period.

That said, I'm not a doctor.

3 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I'm not a panic driver. I'm a wait and see fan. I've been burned so many times. I was so happy and honestly kind of shocked at last year's start. 

If they can replicate that, and our goaltending stays solid, then bring the good times and vibes. 

It's interesting the different perspectives with last year's start because after that run to the end the season with Bruce, which really was amazing despite falling short, you could see this team was on the cusp of turning the corner.

This is where we need to be grateful for the management group we have because they legitimately recognized what we have and executed properly in building a winner and made the hard decisions to get us where we are right now, which is really hopeful and positive.

Edited by Dr. Crossbar

5 hours ago, flat land fish said:

I'd say the floor is pretty high will be more challenging to win the division but 90-95 points is worst case scenario

Need our best players to be healthy and Petey needs to prove himself again. Sucks what DJ is going through, I like him and hope he comes back soon. We have the potential to be a front runner but so do many other teams and if you’re not firing at 100% someone else will be.

I have high hopes but also a lot of reservations and over 50 years of pain. I’m hoping for the best but preparing for the worst, luckily both paths involve beer.