[SIGNING] Canucks sign Kevin Lankinen

Good finally got this done. Yea there was really nothing out there for Lankinen to hold out for if he wants another NHL contract. Good on our management to wait it out. I'm sure they target him for a reason. I trust their pro scouting.

Unfortunately his probably means Silovs will go back to minors after Demko returns unless he vastly outplays Lankinen. 

On a serious  note, regardless of when Demko is game ready and Silovs is or isn't send down, this give a lot of options including TDL bait if he lights it up. 

Happy days my fellow Canuck fans, happy days indeed!

• Cheers 2

23 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Shut The Front Door!

Under 1M!?!?

Slam That Front Door Granny!

Get the Swiffer and Dust the Porch!!

I think I'm going put on my skinny jeans 

and wander around down town.

Be home before dark

2 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

Big balls on this MGMT. Little surprised he wasn't snapped up by another team at that price. 

Our management knows this is a prime spot for free agents. They know that Lankonen knows this is his best spot too. He could have likely gone elsewhere for a bit more money but the club wouldn’t be as good as ours so he’d look bad and not build for his next contract. 
Thank the Gods Jimbob is long gone.

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Our management knows this is a prime spot for free agents. They know that Lankonen knows this is his best spot too. He could have likely gone elsewhere for a bit more money but the club wouldn’t be as good as ours so he’d look bad and not build for his next contract. 
Thank the Gods Jimbob is long gone.

Amen.

• Cheers 4

A steal for a good backup. Only weird part is this might mean Silovs is back in Abby once Demko is ready, though there's a chance Silovs surprises and beats out Lankinen. Lankinen would probably be traded if that's the case.

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Jess said:

A steal for a good backup. Only weird part is this might be Silovs is back in Abby once Demko is ready, though there's a chance Silovs surprises and beats out Lankinen. Lankinen would probably be traded if that's the case.

Lanky (that’s his new nickname) is way better, right now, than Silovs. Silovs is a very good (but still developing) AHL level goalie. That’s actually where he belongs. 

• Jess changed the title to [SIGNING] Canucks sign Kevin Lankinen
  • Jess pinned and featured this topic

Huge signing at a bargain price.  The only position we don't have superb organizational depth at now is LD.  Pretty certain that will come some time between now and the trade deadline.  Could be as early as the waiver deadline if Lekkerimaki makes the team and we have to move a forward.