[SIGNING] Canucks sign Kevin Lankinen

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Wrong and right. Silovs isn’t nhl ready. Demko will be a while. 
Not too sure what points to Silovs being ready? He’s a sub .900 guy. Lanky is .912

If lankinin is so star spangled awesome e he would be signing for less than a million, 3 days into training camp.

No one else wanted him

• Cheers 4

10 minutes ago, stawns said:

We'll disagree there.  The time is now for him and, yo me, this signals demko is going to be awhile

That's fine

He'll get his chance while Demko is out, we'll see, but I reckon once Demko is healthy it'll be back to Abbotsford 

I am a bit higher on Arturs Silovs than most by the looks of it. 

I love bringing in the Finn with an above .500 win record over his career, and I hate to be the voice of reason when it comes to Finish hockey players, but Kevin Lankinen probably isn't a starter. At 29, he has  won 45 games lifetime in the NHL, lost 43 in regulation and OTL'd 12. 
Great signing, great price, decent tendie in an emergency.

Demko is number one when and while healthy: but I don't know that Silovs goes down when Demmer gets back. I just don't know. This kind of cheap 29 year old filler might be waivable and make it through depending on the timing and what is up with other clubs needs at the time of the waive. Jus sayin.

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Silovs will backup Lankonen. When Demko is healthy, Silovs goes to Abby. This new guy is really good. He will push Demko for the number 1 role. Steal of a deal. 

Since Silovs is our only waivers exempt player, Silovs might start the season in Abby (even if just on paper) so we can do some roster magic

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Silovs as our backup. Then, when Demko is healthy, back in Abby. Of we trade him for a mid rounder. 

I don't believe he's an AHL caliber goalie. Not after that performance in the playoffs. That clip, it's obvious. Also following MVP at the worlds. 

The kid is ready for this level. We need to be careful with that. 

Adding Lankinen is exactly what he and we need while Demko is out. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, stawns said:

If lankinin is so star spangled awesome e he would be signing for less than a million, 3 days into training camp.

No one else wanted him

What? Sorry @stawns but you’re lost in a meadow picking daisies on this. 
We all love Silovs. He’s got Eddie Lack likability. But he’s still developing and needs to be in the AHL. Lanky is an nhl goalie looking for a spot where he can be a winner. We are a really good team. Of course he wants to play here to build for his next contract. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

I don't believe he's an AHL caliber goalie. Not after that performance in the playoffs. That clip, it's obvious. Also following MVP at the worlds. 

The kid is ready for this level. We need to be careful with that. 

Adding Lankinen is exactly what he and we need while Demko is out. 

Silovs stopped pucks at .890

Hrd a nice story but not ready yet to be an NHLer on a good team. We have Lsnkinen against the Coilers and we win that series. 

Just now, Alflives said:

Silovs stopped pucks at .890

Hrd a nice story but not ready yet to be an NHLer on a good team. We have Lsnkinen against the Coilers and we win that series. 

We disagree completely. It's obvious and apparent with Silovs, imo. 

• Cheers 4

Obviously i want demko back however I like this because his recent numbers are good, he seems to have a bit of a chip on his shoulder. Hes cheap and depth is good.

Now he must be feeling like he wants to prove he is a starter and prove he is worth more. I think this also creates healthy competition for silovs and they will be better when working together to achieve their common personal goal. 

• Cheers 2

52 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Wrong and right. Silovs isn’t nhl ready. Demko will be a while. 
Not too sure what points to Silovs being ready? He’s a sub .900 guy. Lanky is .912

Silovs save percentage was against top competition in pressure situation.  Happy lankinen is here but no need to crap on silovs

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Is Aqua giving these guys an offer they can’t refuse? Last year it was Suter… now it’s Sprong and Lankinen.  

Different situations of course, but going to be interesting to see if we can keep that magic going with Brock and Hoggy.