[SIGNING] Canucks sign Kevin Lankinen

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Lol no.

When he didn't play stellar, they didn't win.  He was a very big reason for the success they had in the playoffs.  It certainly wasn't EP.  I'd say he stole games and at the very least he kept them in a number of games that they probably should have lost.  Any less and he would have been the new back-up, not the starter in those playoff games.......and that shirt didn't became famous just because of the shirt.....the guy made that shirt famous lol.

Edited by NHL97OneTimer
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, erkayloomeh said:

I imagine Silovs not to happy.

If KL is so good why did he last so long on the market and sign so cheap? 

question asks GIF

I'm sure he's a good goalie, but some people are treating this like PA pulled off the move of the century

3 hours ago, stawns said:

And he was behind a team who let the other team skate around in their zone relatively unimpeded and record a huge numbers of shots 

Only a dumbass couldn't see that Silovs was the reason they got as far as they did.

I dont know why you guys acting like some stupid jerk making decision who is our goalie. Didnot know how many experts we have here.maybe our FO should be afraid for there job.Best goalie will be on net.End of story.Be happy and grateful you got choice,thanks to Alvin.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

The overhyping of Silovs on here is insane. Probably the same crowd who overhyped Martin and jumped off the wagon as soon as crap hit the fan though. Silovs could be a great goalie in the future. But to think that he is, right now, a NHL starter ready to handle 60 games and bring us to the playoffs is delusional. Management who is closest to the situation thinks the same thing too. 

The contract pretty much guarantees Lankinen plays in the NHL next season. Based on what was discussed on radio, he probably hoped to get more money and/or term but just couldn't find a landing spot for the money and term he would have wanted. 1-year at $875K pretty much guarantees that if Lankinen gets waived at any point by the Canucks, I would be shocked if he did not get claimed.

It does also mean that Silovs will presumably start the year in Abbotsford since he's waiver exempt. I don't mind the move. I guess Abbotsford will run with 3 goalies? I can't see the Canucks wanting to send Tolopilo or Patera to the ECHL.

I wonder what the expected starts for Lankinen will be even if Demko is healthy to start the season. I personally wouldn't mind seeing Lankinen get around 30 starts. No reason to run Demko into the ground, especially with an unpredictable injury like the one he seems to have.

57 minutes ago, stawns said:

question asks GIF

I'm sure he's a good goalie, but some people are treating this like PA pulled off the move of the century

Silvs was hurt and Demmer is hurt..Why pressure Silvs?..Great insurance move at even a better price. It's no D Nurse contract, that's for sure..I can tell you that for free.

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Canuck You said:

Silvs was hurt and Demmer is hurt..Why pressure Silvs?..Great insurance move at even a better price. It's no D Nurse contract, that's for sure..I can tell you that for free.

I never said it was a bad signing 

5 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

You're right, It is a great signing!

What I did say is that it probably signals demko might be out for a significant chunk.

We'll see if a rookie and a borderline NHL goalie can hold the fort I guess.

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

The contract pretty much guarantees Lankinen plays in the NHL next season. Based on what was discussed on radio, he probably hoped to get more money and/or term but just couldn't find a landing spot for the money and term he would have wanted. 1-year at $875K pretty much guarantees that if Lankinen gets waived at any point by the Canucks, I would be shocked if he did not get claimed.

It does also mean that Silovs will presumably start the year in Abbotsford since he's waiver exempt. I don't mind the move. I guess Abbotsford will run with 3 goalies? I can't see the Canucks wanting to send Tolopilo or Patera to the ECHL.

I wonder what the expected starts for Lankinen will be even if Demko is healthy to start the season. I personally wouldn't mind seeing Lankinen get around 30 starts. No reason to run Demko into the ground, especially with an unpredictable injury like the one he seems to have.

Silvos starts in Abby?

What did I miss? Who is starting this year in Van?

5 hours ago, stawns said:

The Canucks were giving up huge amounts of shots, spending unbelievable amounts of time in their own end and getting very few shots of their own.  

"Huge amount of shots" 

Game 7 29

Game 6 27

Game 5 23

Game 4 30

Game 3 45

Game 2 31

Game 1 18  

One game Silovs faced a lot of rubber.   Like what Demko regularly faced against Vegas, difference in that series many were in the slot or front in close (slot and then a couple rebounds).   You're making it out like he was the reason we make it to game 7 which is total horseshit, and only a complete dumbass would say something like that.   Perimeter shots and long bombs ... that series was very even.   

Edit:  Cry baby and his wingman looking at the refs at even sideways glance for a penalty, it was the only way they could beat us, and they knew it.  5 x 5 they weren't really that great.   It's why they keep losing  despite the best roster they've managed to date.    It was the hardest series the Oilers played physically too.    The entire country wasn't watching that series because Silovs was Haseking it Roy'ing them.   Good grief.   Take off the Oilers jersey they lost. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Like 1