Kevin Lankinen | #32 | G

Jess

Seems like a very capable backup. Struggled as a sophomore in Chicago, but has since been quite good in the two years since in Nashville. Turns 30 at the end of the 2024-25 season. Probably better than Silovs unless Silovs has improved.

Just now, Jess said:

Seems like a very capable backup. Struggled as a sophomore in Chicago, but has since been quite good in the two years since in Nashville. Turns 30 at the end of the 2024-25 season. Probably better than Silovs unless Silovs has improved.

Bedard struggled in Chicago. Their team stinks. So does their city, of course. 

• Like 2

https://canucksarmy.com/news/vancouver-canucks-sail-salary-cap-signing-kevin-lankinen

Update on the salary cap situation

To be honest, at this point, I think it would be smartest to move Poolman and get him off our books even if it costs us a 2nd round pick.

With DJ and Demko out, even though we can fit it all under the cap, the accrual would only amount to less than 1m by TDL.

My guess is that PA will take a look at the team and see where we are at injury wise heading into opening day.

If Demko and DJ are the only ones injured, he wont have to dip into LTIR and I can see him moving Poolman.

However, if we suffer another injury that's gonna require LTIR to bring players in / call up, there's no point in trading Poolman 

• Jess changed the title to Kevin Lankinen | #32 | G
  • 2 weeks later...

Does he have a new mask yet?!

I hope so!

Silovs is destined for Abby, at least he looks as good as Skinner the Coiler….but what ever, we need a solid till Demko is back.

So I’m guessing it’s Lankinen in net to start next game against Philly.

But he has to have an updated mask by now I hope….anybody know?

4 minutes ago, Baratheon said:

My understanding was that the original plan was to play Lanky next game.  I assume that last night wouldn’t change that.

Lanky might be better than Silovs. Silovs has had only 20 games in NHL, albeit he was fine in playoffs but we dont know how he will do in regular season. Lanky has 100+ NHL game experience so I think he is more ready for regular season.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

I wouldn't hitch my wagon on Lankinen quite yet. I watched him like a hawk since he signed, and I'm not sold.

Arty is a very good goaltending prospect, but he's very raw. Those long shot goals are definitely concerning. He needs to work on fighting through a crowd and staying big up top when dropping into butterfly. 

We don't have capital G great goaltending right now without Demko. That was never meant to be a big shocker, we're just trying to make due. 

• Cheers 2

13 minutes ago, nergish said:

I wouldn't hitch my wagon on Lankinen quite yet. I watched him like a hawk since he signed, and I'm not sold.

Arty is a very good goaltending prospect, but he's very raw. Those long shot goals are definitely concerning. He needs to work on fighting through a crowd and staying big up top when dropping into butterfly. 

We don't have capital G great goaltending right now without Demko. That was never meant to be a big shocker, we're just trying to make due. 

Internal competition is a positive thing!  Let them settle it on the ice.  

• Like 2