Kevin Lankinen | #32 | G

Jess

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

So will the team split Goaltender duties, or lean more on Lank? 

We'll see how Lankinen's start goes, I would guess.  Silovs didn't earn the next start against Philly, so I hope Lankinen goes in.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, -dlc- said:

Liking this acquisition.

Yep, he's a keeper.

On Kipper & Borne they had a ex NHL goalie Steve Valiquette who said there were 4 goalies he felt were ready for bust out seasons. Lankinen was one. He said Lankinen has only needed an opportunity and was blown away by his being available for Allvin to grab. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

On Kipper & Borne they had a ex NHL goalie Steve Valiquette who said there were 4 goalies he felt were ready for bust out seasons. Lankinen was one. He said Lankinen has only needed an opportunity and was blown away by his being available for Allvin to grab. 

I heard Woodly (650’s goalie expert) say the same thing. Apparently Lanky had offers from other clubs for more term and dollars but he wanted to play here because of fit and opportunity to play in Tocchet’s system. 
Demko will be raising the Cup in June 2025, and Lanky will be too. Both goalies will be key to our great 2025 Cup win!!!

Lankinen clearly has a good head on his shoulders. He expected a lot more interest in free agency, but rather than getting bitter about it he made the cerebral choice. He clearly believes in his own ability, so he chose the situation where he knew he would have to opportunity to run with it.

Starting the season on a team with an injured starter means having the chance to prove he can be reliable. He will likely end up playing 30-35 games this season and if he can prove reliability to start the year and then stay consistent when Demko comes back he's looking at much better opportunities next off-season. It gives him a much better chance of earning a 1B type role on a team like Chicago, San Jose, or Detroit with the salary to match.

Seeing how we have such a long break between games and I'm pretty bored, here's a look at some of Lankinen's stats through 4GP.

Currently after 4GP Min 60min played

All Situations 

GA: 7 T-5th

SV%: .941 T-6th

GAA: 1.70  6th

GSAA: 5.11 7th

.880HDSV% 13th

5v5

GA: 4 T4th

SV%: .957 3rd

GAA: 1.23 6th

GSAA: 4.24 5th

.929HDV% 5th

Demko take your time bud, dont rush back, "Lights out" Lankinen is lockin it down.

• Thanks 1