[GDT/PGT] Preseason Game 1 | Tuesday, September 24th | Seattle @ Vancouver | 7pt/10et | SNP, SN1 | Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC.

Chickenspear

5 minutes ago, Canuckpuckluck1 said:

@DeNiro that sentence makes me want to cry...😪

Its so depressing to think our youth development over nearly 20 years has been so poor

Oh I’ve been crying over our drafting for many years. 🥲

I can’t think of a team with a worse track record outside the first round.

Thankfully they seem to finally have it figured out on the development side. Having the farm team close to home and hiring good quality coaches should make a big difference.

Last time we had a string of success in drafting it was when we had Manitoba as our farm team. Makes a big difference to have control over your systems and personnel decisions down on the farm.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Curmudgeon said:

It's uncanny how much his phrasing and voice inflection sound like father Ray. I wonder if it is that unusual. I know many people have told me in my life that I sound just like my dad, especially on the phone. Anybody else out there have a similar experience?

I really don't see or hear it...

He's very soft spoken. His dad is loud. I really don't get what you're watching haha

Just now, MikeyD said:

Unpopular opinion: I like the trapezoid. However with that said all it should be is to prevent plays in the corners. I think it should leave more room beside the net. It should just prevent plays in the corners.

To me it seems a Mickey Mouse rule, all player are allowed to go there except you. Besides, goalie screw ups are quite entertaining, let them handle the puck more. Also better chance for goalie goals.