[GDT/PGT] Preseason Game 1 | Tuesday, September 24th | Seattle @ Vancouver | 7pt/10et | SNP, SN1 | Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC.

Chickenspear

12 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

They were renting a house near Kits. The owner came over, and said. You seem like a fine young family. I'll sell you the house for get this. $15,000.

My first teaching job was in Vancouver in 1970. I rented a furnished two room apartment (kitchen/dining and bedroom/living room, shared bathroom), in Kits, 3 blocks from the beach, balcony overlooking Vancouver and Northshore. Total rent: $80 a month. Later they turned it into condos and I moved over to East Vancouver.

Edited by MathIsFun
  • Sad 1
  • Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Confused James Franco GIF

He's not wrong.

Pre season is all about looking at individual efforts and developing chemistry.

But there will be pitchforks out if the Canucks start off with a couple losses. And that is what I hate about pre season

It's glorified practice and the scoreboard results mean absolutely nothing 

They can go 0 for all games in the pre season and have a very productive pre season if the coaching staff is able to definitively make the tough choices they need to 

5 minutes ago, MathIsFun said:

My first teaching job was in Vancouver in 1970. I rented a furnished two room apartment (kitchen/dining and bedroom/living room, shared bathroom), in Kits, 3 blocks from the beach, balcony overlooking Vancouver and Northshore. Total rent: $80 a month. Later they turned it into condos and I moved over to East Vancouver.

This reminds me of a house my dad sold it for 5 thousand in 1980 or 81ish.  It is pretty much a tear down now but still sold for over half a million before the covid 'bump' in housing pricing. 

3 hours ago, Jaimito said:

Excited to see Nux again, but these games don't matter yet. 

Remember that 10-0 loss last yr vs Calgary in preseason game #1? 

2-4 record last yr preseason.  Won only game #4 and #6.  

I remember after that game it felt like every single fan base outside of Vancouver was acting like that one pre season game was a sure fire sign of how good the Flames were going to be and how bad the Canucks were going to be lol. 

• ThereItIs 2

1 minute ago, Lewlowned said:

Interesting to have Lekk there. He’s advertised for the Abby game. I wonder if they play him in back to backs or if he’s just out skating getting more familiarity

Tocchet did iterate he wanted to give Lekkerimaki 3-4 games. Likely see him play the first few. If he impresses, maybe he gets a final look in the last couple of games.

My eyes will be focused on every Raty shift. Like folks above said, the preseason scores mean very little, but it is invaluable time to 'skills check' and see who put in the summer work. I am stoked to see if he can make it this year.

52 points in 72 AHL games last year, 2 goals and 2 assists in 6 playoff games with Abby. Not sure another year is required for him in the AHL, but the trick will be if he can win a spot in Vancouver. 

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1