[GDT/PGT] Preseason Game 1 | Tuesday, September 24th | Seattle @ Vancouver | 7pt/10et | SNP, SN1 | Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC.

Chickenspear

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

I said it all last year.  Abby was deep at C and Raty was the most versatile C in the lineup, so he played W more than C.  Colliton said he considered any line Raty was on as a two centre line.

Loved his game tonight. I could see a future line of Raty, Hollander and Karlsson…they looked so good together.

Silovs was awesome too.

D Petey needs to work on some things…

Great game otherwise…

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

I know it’s only one preseason game without most of the regular roster but it still felt good to get the win, Silov’s looked good, Tocchet’s defensive system was still holding up super well and I really liked some of the energy from a few of the regulars. There was still positives to take away from this game. 

Edited by CaribouCanuck

1 minute ago, Integra250 said:

- Raty’s skating has grown leaps and bounds. Finally looks like he has some decent NHL speed to go with his hands and playmaking ability

- Lekkerimaki was noticeable all night, especially on the PP. Loved his quick passes and his playmaking. He’ll definitely put up a goal or two this pre-season. Good game with two apples.

- Hoglander was everywhere tonight and looked great on the PP. Hope he gets a legit shot on the top or second PP unit this year.

- D-Petey had a strong first but made some questionable plays and had a few dangerous turnovers. The potential is there but he’ll need a year or two of seasoning in the AHL. He’ll definitely be a top 6 guy for us in the not so distant future.

- Hronek looked great all night, and of course unleashed an absolute bomb on the PP. Hope that is something he uses more this year.

- Alriksson has so many tools and is physically gifted. Just needs some more time in the minors and time to work on his skating / endurance. Super excited to see what he can do this year in the OHL. 

- Silovs picked up where he left off. He looked amazing.

Aside from Hogz, I thought Karlsson was the best player on the ice

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, Rypien-Punch said:

I think Raty and Karlsson are ready for NHL hockey. Sasson is close. Lekkerimaki has the skill but could use some seasoning in Abotsford. Wolanen could be an option over Forbort. 

I really like sasson, but he was pretty invisible tonight I though