[GDT/PGT] Preseason Game 1 | Tuesday, September 24th | Seattle @ Vancouver | 7pt/10et | SNP, SN1 | Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC.

Chickenspear

5 hours ago, MathIsFun said:

My first teaching job was in Vancouver in 1970. I rented a furnished two room apartment (kitchen/dining and bedroom/living room, shared bathroom), in Kits, 3 blocks from the beach, balcony overlooking Vancouver and Northshore. Total rent: $80 a month. Later they turned it into condos and I moved over to East Vancouver.

There's nostalgia..& then there's also gut-wrenching, harshly contrasting memories. I know which category this post deserves.

If we could stop time/progression & societal culture in one decade, it's gotta be the 1970's.

• Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, SuchaNuxtalgia said:

There's nostalgia..& then there's also gut-wrenching, harshly contrasting memories. I know which category this post deserves.

If we could stop time/progression & societal culture in one decade, it's gotta be the 1970's.

Disco and polyester, and bc ferries wide ties? No thanks.

1997 would be just fine. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, SuchaNuxtalgia said:

'97 was an absolute Mess! Plus Hong Kong got handed back. Appreciate your input, but nostalgia mustn't have so many holes.

Musically the 70's were as dynamite & diverse as the movies of that era.

OPEC, Munich games, bad fashion, bad and good music. Awful cars that fell apart. 

70's was a pretty crap decade. 

1 hour ago, BoDega said:

Finally !!

July - October needs to be removed from the calender...or Buttman needs to up the 82 games to 140-ish, we hockeyfans should not have to suffer like this.

Get on it.

Happy hockeyday to all.

5-2 Nucks

summer hockey? similar to summer b-ball... different players on different teams... maybe 4 on 4 running time, no stoppages? jus' spit ballin' 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, CaribouCanuck said:

I remember after that game it felt like every single fan base outside of Vancouver was acting like that one pre season game was a sure fire sign of how good the Flames were going to be and how bad the Canucks were going to be lol. 

I was relatively chill about the results of that one because the Flames pretty much iced their starting line-up and we iced mostly our AHL line up, some junior players and then Hoglander + Podkolzin. Didn't think we were going to win, but it was disappointing to see the result ended being 10-0. I hope they would put up a bit more of a fight.

But it was funny when Kadri said post-game that "We went out there and took care of business" and it sounded like he was quite proud of his game and this was an indication of his team going into the season. How that aged well for him lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1