[GDT/PGT] Preseason Game 1 | Tuesday, September 24th | Seattle @ Vancouver | 7pt/10et | SNP, SN1 | Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC.

Chickenspear

46 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

I have an inside on this actually but I can't reveal my source and out them.

Change #1: Increased cost of tickets

Change #2: Increased cost of food

Change #3: Increased cost of beverages

Change #4: Less workers at the arena

Change #5: Technology that helps you order your food/drink to replace workers

Change #6: Every pinpad machine for credit cards now asks for a tip

Might be upgrading my TV instead of attending games.  

2 hours ago, Lewlowned said:

Looks like the maroon transition is finally happening, albeit not fully complete until the start of the 25/26 season

They’re making it pretty obvious they’re switching to the skate no?

Black seats. Black hallway leading to the dressing room. Black ice machine with the skate logo. Quinn on the cover of NHL wearing the skate…

• Like 1

I'd love to see Raty and Lekke prove all the naysayers wrong. I remember Brock's first game, he made the team and you could tell he was a star as soon as he stepped on the ice.  And no it wasn't just because he was on a bad team, he would have looked good on any team.  Same as Petey, but not so much training camp or preseason, I remember he didn't show well in either.  It was his first game of the season we saw he was going to be a star.  Hughes had stardom written all over him first shift.  Hoglander scored in his 1st game, I think he's been treated unfairly. Bruce had no use for him and that stretch of games and healthy scratches really hurt him. If he had a coach like Tocch from the start he would be considered a rising star by now.  that time under Bruce hurt his development.  But you could tell he was going to be a good player from his first game. 

I hope Lekkerimaki makes a similar statement.  Many are betting against him and think he's only a 1 dimensional scorer, but I've seen his vision and IQ, I've seen him see plays ahead of the play and be able to slow the game down.  Things that special players do.  I think the Canucks scouting staff believe as I do.  He processes the game at an elite level. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Bruuk said:

Raty becoming a defensively responsible 3C for the Canucks would be pretty huge.

A less physical/aggressive Ross Colton type would be the dream, but even if he is less effective offensively, I think it would be a pretty big win.

Totally agree man! MM as his coach in Abbotsford may be a dream scenario!

• Like 1