[GDT/PGT] Preseason Game 2 | Wednesday, September 25th | Calgary vs Vancouver | 7pt/10et | Stream on Canucks.com | Abbotsford Centre, Abbotsford, BC.

CRAZY_4_NAZZY

3 hours ago, RJCF96 said:

Fuck... Pospisil in the line up for the Flames...

I was hoping this isn't one of the games he would be playing because this is a meaningless games to our boys but the Flames have a lot of younger players out there wanting to proof their worth and Pospisil is one of them. He plays dirty and has the intent to injure opposing team players.

This is a game where Blais can make an impact to protect our younger players from some of their shit disturbers like Pospisil.

Agreed, Popsicle is a little POS but I would think we have 4 or 5 guys in our lineup who can administer a good spanking if it becomes necessary (or even if it's not necessary!)

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Who are the top 10 prospects now? Mine are basically the same prospects as before training camp but there are a couple that have jumped into imminent territory. Knocking on the door right now.

My Tier List.  Pretty much the same players but Raty, Alriksson and Kudry have shot way up in my eyes.  I think Kudry might be more ready than DPetey but both not imminent to make the team any time soon. 

A Tier: Lekkerimaki, Raty, Willander

B Tier: Bains, Kudryavtsev, DPetey, Alriksson

C Tier: Sasson, Karlsson, Mynio. 

Edited by Pure961089

1 hour ago, Googlie said:

Tocchet wonders too.  Was interesting in his post  game presser last night when he said 5 of the "nearlies" would be playing back - to - backs to see how they handle the tiredness factor - execute the staples, or get sloppy and cheat on assignments.  That would be Lekkerimaki, Raty. Sasson, Karlsson and, interestingly, Wolanin.  He also mentioned Blais as being a little short on fitness, so it will be interesting to see if he can maintain his aggressive forechecking while tired

Guys from Abby are used to back to back

14 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

Who are the top 10 prospects now? Mine are basically the same prospects as before training camp but there are a couple that have jumped into imminent territory. Knocking on the door right now.

My Tier List.  Pretty much the same players but Raty, Alriksson and Kudry have shot way up in my eyes.  I think Kudry might be more ready than DPetey but both not imminent to make the team any time soon. 

A Tier: Lekkerimaki, Raty, Willander

B Tier: Bains, Kudryavtsev, DPetey, Alriksson

C Tier: Sasson, Karlsson, Mynio. 

I think Karlsson is most ready out of them all, followed closely by Raty

• Cheers 3

56 minutes ago, Honkin Hronek said:

It's weird. The English pronunciation has 5 syllables while the Swedish one has 4. 

English: "LEH-KAIR-IH-MAH-KEE"
Swedish: "LEH-KIURH-MEH-KEE"

Well, we swedes say it with 5 syllables. 
i wached a clip with a swedish journalist and it is five here also so my memory hasn’t failed me. 

3 hours ago, -dlc- said:

Where's Torts when we need him?

(Although Rick would be more intimidating....let's send him the layout of the building so he knows how to get to their dressing room).

....better yet, Where's Big "Z".   The perfect Cop to have around in a preseason game against the Lames!    I miss him already!

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, nux_win said:

Just out of curiosity does "Lekkerimaki" have 5 syllables or 4?  Last night, the announcer kept saying "Lekker-maki" (i.e. 4 syllables).  Based on the spelling I would have thought it was 5.  You'd think that a professional announcer would want to get that right.  Go Canucks Go!

5 hours ago, Bell said:

The I isn't pronounced from my understanding

1 hour ago, Honkin Hronek said:

It's weird. The English pronunciation has 5 syllables while the Swedish one has 4. 

English: "LEH-KAIR-IH-MAH-KEE"
Swedish: "LEH-KIURH-MEH-KEE"

20 minutes ago, LillStrimma said:

Well, we swedes say it with 5 syllables. 
i wached a clip with a swedish journalist and it is five here also so my memory hasn’t failed me. 

Best to ask the "King of Sweden".........swedish-chef-muppets.gif

4 hours ago, Lewlowned said:

I guess the game isn’t televised? E: So another fun game of refresh-fest in the Canucks site waiting for the video to pop up

They’re grooming us to make streaming the norm, in a few seasons you’ll have to subscribe to every teams .com see all the games, probably $200/season/team.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Optimist Prime said:

It is a Finn name but from a Swedish family. THis happens on both sides of the Gulf Of Bothnia. My grandfathers village is near Vaasa, on the east side in Finland, while for instance the Twins, Hank and Dank are from Ornskoldsvik on the west side in Sweden. The real distance between the two cities is a little more than 100 km's by boat.  I belive Lekkerimaki is from north of There, but the Swedish side.  (i looked up his place of birth is a suburb of Stockholm, but his family would come from up north on the coast of the Gulf, i am pretty confident in that.
So in Finn the R of Lekkeri would be rolled like a drum roll of the tongue, and the I would have a sound in the word "Lekkerimaki" that i guess disappears when it is said in a swedish accent without the rolling R's famous to the Finish language. So my best guess is five syllables in Finn, four in Swede. 

allvin seems to pronounce it with 4 as well, so adds up to me. 

• Cheers 1