[GDT/PGT] Preseason Game 2 | Wednesday, September 25th | Calgary vs Vancouver | 7pt/10et | Stream on Canucks.com | Abbotsford Centre, Abbotsford, BC.

CRAZY_4_NAZZY

Sprong can really be a strategic/selective game breaker in certain situations when we need that offensive spark.

He's been effective with the little limited minutes he was getting in the past couple seasons. He can obviously make the most out of his time given his offensive talent. That goal last night proves it. 

Hopefully Tocc and staff can get him to the next level of reliability in his defensive game. 

• Cheers 4

1 hour ago, Mrwipeout said:

If i werent as backed up with work as i am i would have been able to watch more games.. what im wondering abt mainly is the  top 6 lines. is Heinen 1st line material or suter still the best option? how good has hogs been so far? whats ive read so far he seems like hes ready to take another step in his career. Debrusk, how is he? hes a vet, his positioning should b good and is he a good fit together with EP40? i remember sherwood quite well from the playoffs last year, to have him on our team sounds great but i havent seen him play yet, is he a perfect bottom 6 winger or potential fit for a top 6 role? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, bh90 said:

Yeah but asset management is a thing.

We all say we have a lot of depth but I wouldn't undo that depth by losing guys to waivers

I think Lek, Raty, Karlsson all start in AHL unless PDG/Aman drop they ball which is unlikely.

Also Aman is very underrated. The guy is a great penalty killer.

It's a long season and I'd rather be 18 deep at forward. Whoever forward 13-15 on depth chart will get plenty of NHL games and forwards 16-18 will most likely get games in there as well

As we sit right now, unfortunately, we might not have the choice of not losing one,

I think we will have to expose one of them to waivers when Joshua returns,

If teams want  one of them, acquiring teams probably have best assumptions of which players teams  will  expose and wait for them, regardless if exposing at the beginning rush or not

15 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Sprong can really be a strategic/selective game breaker in certain situations when we need that offensive spark.

He's been effective with the little limited minutes he was getting in the past couple seasons. He can obviously make the most out of his time given his offensive talent. That goal last night proves it. 

Hopefully Tocc and staff can get him to the next level of reliability in his defensive game. 

I bet he sees some time with EP. He's a righty and Sprongs reminds me of Kuzmenko. Kuz and EP had some good chemistry. 

15 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I don't mind a couple of guys who aren't afraid to get physical. We need to replace some of that intimidation we lost with big Z. Maybe it happens more like last night with a few well timed elbows. 

Yep!    I just cringe thinking we could have kept Big Z if not for that OEL Buyout $'s, all caused by Aqua-lini picking the wrong guy to do the job (J.B.) and then allowing him to destroy the franchise over a decade with his head turned the other way towards his true passion; building overpriced, leaky Condo's for foreign buyers to scoop-up and hide their dirty money and then leave empty.   

Still hard to believe that there are some out there - still walking our streets - that actually supported 'ol Jimbo!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Psb_08 said:

Jet Woo look any good last night? Is this kid gonna take the next step and become even a number 5-6 guy or is he a career AHL'er.....

He got clobbered by a sneaky hit by Calgary and was down on the ice. But he played the rest of the game and was ok. Made some good plays, not sure how much of an impression he made. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

He got clobbered by a sneaky hit by Calgary and was down on the ice. But he played the rest of the game and was ok. Made some good plays, not sure how much of an impression he made. 

He also went back at them at one point if I recall correctly...and they wanted no part of it. Cowardly Calgary...dirty but good at pretending they're not.

• Vintage 3

4 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

He took a hit and then was just O.K.  Not bad - not spectacular.   He will definitely not be on the Canucks roster this year, if that's what your wondering.

• Vintage 1

47 minutes ago, Integra250 said:

Anyone think Sherwood is going to be our X-Factor this year? Seems like a versatile, gritty, heart player that can do it all. Almost like we have a Burrows 2.0.

I think it's a bit early to draw any conclusions on ANY of our new players but so far many of them look promising.   It will take a good 15-25 games to make any solid assessments although we'll start to see patterns emerge after about 10-12 games.

• Cheers 1

58 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

He also went back at them at one point if I recall correctly...and they wanted no part of it. Cowardly Calgary...dirty but good at pretending they're not.

Yeah he dropped the gloves I heard on the TV, I missed it grabbing a beer though damnit. Sounded like the Calgay guy wimped out! 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Sadly Breezer has been a long time Canuck pick. But he at best seems a fill in. He's one of those steady guys you cheer for. But he's probably going to just be a tweener. 

I was hoping Jett would of taken next step. Just when you think Breezer is getting closer to landing roster spot, that spot gets filled by someone else

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1