[GDT/PGT] Preseason Game 3 | Friday, September 27th | Vancouver @ Seattle | 7pt/10et | 🎧 SN650 | 💻 Canucks.com |Climate Pledge Arena, Seattle, WA.

Chickenspear

13 minutes ago, rmok said:

I mean.. so what. 

I'm not freaking out about the guy and the other person posting clearly has an agenda... but realistically Petey should easily be the best player on the ice in most of these preseason games that are 3/4 AHL and bubble players.. and he's not, like not even close. Like I don't even get that excited feeling anymore when he gets the puck on his stick like something is going to happen... and that has been going on for a long time now. 

Its not the end of the world.... but its also not nothing. You would think he would like to impose himself on the game a bit more.. even just out of pride or competitiveness. When he came over as a rookie he had that killer instinct to impose him self and and be direct,  and you could see how pissed he would be if they lost or if he lost a battle and how highly competitive he was.. You just don't really see that anymore. 

Why are you saying when he was a rookie? The man has a 100 point season under his belt 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, hockeyville88 said:

At this stage, results don’t matter, but process does, and I don’t like the process today. Top players have been completely invisible. No pushback, no asserting their play

Couple lucky goals and Seattle playing for a home crowd on a Saturday night. Meh. No one will lose a wink of sleep over this one. 

• Cheers 3

Just now, Bruuk said:

I really hope Tocc sees right through Forbort's game and cuts him. Kud, Mynio and Felton all deserve a spot over him based on his performance so far in preseason.

He's likely got a spot on the roster just being a vet, though.

Could be just a 7th dman while we can have Kudryatsov play with Deharnais. I still rather have canucks trade for a top 4 D during the season. Is there any Ekholms out there for trade??

5 minutes ago, Defcon1 said:

Could be just a 7th dman while we can have Kudryatsov play with Deharnais. I still rather have canucks trade for a top 4 D during the season. Is there any Ekholms out there for trade??

Before the Young Stars tournament Kudryavtsev was projected to go to Kalamazoo or back to his OHL team.  If he makes Abby Canucks, this would be great success for him. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Bruuk said:

I really hope Tocc sees right through Forbort's game and cuts him. Kud, Mynio and Felton all deserve a spot over him based on his performance so far in preseason.

He's likely got a spot on the roster just being a vet, though.

Forbort’s size and PK acumen play into our back end’s ability to play greater than the sum of their parts.  

They aren’t going to dress a kid over him in any case, but the size of the defence plays into an overall style of play Tocchet is looking for beyond the Hughes pairing.