[GDT/PGT] Preseason Game 4 | Saturday September 28th | Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Flames | @6PM | Sportsnet & 650

Lewlowned

5 minutes ago, Bruuk said:

Agreed. I'd like to see Miller get one game though. I think one game to get his legs is ideal.

Oh you will. It’s just not a necessity to play in multiple games because both teams are often resting their better players, even when they are rostered for a preseason game. It’s just an exercise in going through the motions for some, and for others to chase an opportunity and make an impression. Unfortunately some players do so by taking runs at oppositions better players or just generally playing more aggressively than the game’s actual temperature, and that can lead to an injury to a vet who is highly valuable to their’s team’s success. It’s not worth the risk in preseason. It’s why you don’t see top players dominating the score sheets anywhere. They save it for when the season begins/counts

Edited by RWJC
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Bruuk said:

I feel terrible for both Laine and Habs fans.. Having him get injured by a freaking scrub on a knee on knee is absolutely infuriating.

I don't blame what's his name, I can't spell it, for going out and beating that guy's ass like he owed him money.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, gwarrior said:

Lekkerimaki will tell his grandchildren that he picked the top corner.

I played football a couple seasons, my first year we were undefeated and in the championship game we wer up 7-0. I intercepted a pass and ran it in for a TD making it 14-0 after the convert. We ended up winning 63-7 but I tell my kids how I scored the championship winning TD..

• Cheers 2