[GDT/PGT] Preseason Game 4 | Saturday September 28th | Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Flames | @6PM | Sportsnet & 650

Lewlowned

5 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

The book is out on Silovs, shoot from distance and get traffic in front of him.

No doubt he is our defacto number one with Demko out. But it's clear he still needs some refining before he is a full time NHL goalie.

OMG...the sky is falling...it's the appocolypse (sp)...he's just having a bad game.. it happens. Write him off quickly or what..knee jerkers😠

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Kirk said:

Silovs needs a bit more practice tracking the puck around screens.

He also needs his defense to call out whats happening in front and communicate with him. If he can’t see, and the Dman isn’t clearing the crease for him to find the shot or lanes, then it’s also their job to protect the net

Edited by RWJC
  • Cheers 2

I wasn't a fan of letting Zadorov go and the signing of Desharnais and Folbert.... but I thought i'd give it chance and see maybe Toch and Foote can turn one of them around... and ya its only a few games of preseason... but i'm not seeing it. 

Both those guys look pretty bad so far. I'd feel more comfortable with Julsen, Freidman or Wolanin playing regular shifts. 

I know they are still losing but I’m liking what I’m seeing tonight better than what I saw in the Seattle game, the team seems to be playing more consistent and with more energy, and with what is mostly the Abbotsford Canucks seem to be holding their own against a mostly regular NHL roster even if a bottom feeding one. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RWJC said:

He also needs his defense to call out whats happening in front and communicate with him. If he can’t see, and the Dman isn’t clearing the crease for him to find the shot or lanes, then it’s also their job to protect the net

This is also a sloppy game. Better D and more games will sharpen everyone. 

• ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, MikeyD said:

I watch a lot of Edmonton games as my wife and I live here and she's a fan. 

It was a real prayer that Tocchet could make him adjust. So far I've seen absolutely zero adjustment. Same overcommitted poor stick he's had his whole career.

I just moved to the Edmonton area. 
How do you watch Canucks games?

• Haha 1

Just now, D.B Cooper said:

sitting in downtown Edmonton in the middle of traffic, with a big screen, Canucks regalia, and two middle fingers in the air 

• Haha 1

Just now, D.B Cooper said:

Used to be with my heart in my mouth, but last season, with a distinct air of arrogance and smugness 

• Like 1