[GDT/PGT] Preseason Game 4 | Saturday September 28th | Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Flames | @6PM | Sportsnet & 650

Lewlowned

10 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Re: the lady behind the bench.

I hate anything artificial and am a bit extreme in that. No fake nails, eyelashes, brows, etc. I don't even like to take pain killers for a headache (I don't) and just wear a bit of mascara and lip gloss. Whatever. I ain't got time for it all (but admire women who do engage in more self care than I allow myself. I really hate my beat up nails and if I wasn't scared of the chemicals I'd get fake ones too. Just not those claws...how do you do anything with nails like that??).

I was shocked to find out that a friend (she's gorgeous) - personal trainer who's competed in fitness competitions (despite being very petite) - had implants. She's such a clean eater, grows a lot of her own food, etc. and I was quite surprised to hear that. Shocked really. It just didn't fit with her. 

Thing is, she had a lot of health problems over the past couple of years and was being tested for food allergies. Her lunch every day at work was quinoa with spinach, grape tomatoes and chicken breast. She also ate a lot of local blueberries and fresh salmon and she was slowly eliminating everything from her diet. 

As it turned out, it was her implants poisoning her...she had them removed and her health is slowly getting back to normal.

Women put themselves through so much to fit an image of what "beauty" looks like. Be yourself, there's no one just like you (unless you do all the stuff that makes you look like everyone else). But I won't shame women for their looks because, to me, it's kind of sad that they are somehow driven to that extreme. I mean, some of this stuff is quite painful from what I understand.

My PSA for the day.

I think to myself what works for and you are happy that's all that matters.

Big thing with me is I am a diabetic and have been since I was 18 months old.The insulin has never worked right for me but I managed with beef and pork.When they switched to synthetic it almost killed me and now more then ever I get high and low fast and can't tell when it happens.

Only reason I am saying this is most people look at me and I at 51 have a six pack.Well I eat right most of the time but my metabolism is still high .I was into sports and aways active till I was 30.That set my metabolism.So kids should be out playing and into sports which now most aren't.

My little one I am going to make sure he is active for his life cause he has similar genetics so should help him threw life.

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, -dlc- said:

I hate anything artificial and am a bit extreme in that. No fake nails, eyelashes, brows, etc. I don't even like to take pain killers for a headache (I don't) and just wear a bit of mascara and lip gloss. Whatever. I ain't got time for it all (but admire women who do engage in more self care than I allow myself. I really hate my beat up nails and if I wasn't scared of the chemicals I'd get fake ones too. Just not those claws...how do you do anything with nails like that??).

I was shocked to find out that a friend (she's gorgeous) - personal trainer who's competed in fitness competitions (despite being very petite) - had implants. She's such a clean eater, grows a lot of her own food, etc. and I was quite surprised to hear that. Shocked really. It just didn't fit with her. 

Thing is, she had a lot of health problems over the past couple of years and was being tested for food allergies. Her lunch every day at work was quinoa with spinach, grape tomatoes and chicken breast. She also ate a lot of local blueberries and fresh salmon and she was slowly eliminating everything from her diet. 

As it turned out, it was her implants poisoning her...she had them removed and her health is slowly getting back to normal.

Women put themselves through so much to fit an image of what "beauty" looks like. Be yourself, there's no one just like you (unless you do all the stuff that makes you look like everyone else). But I won't shame women for their looks because, to me, it's kind of sad that they are somehow driven to that extreme. I mean, some of this stuff is quite painful from what I understand.

My PSA for the day.

Excess makeup and artificial crap is just false advertising. Kinda like buying a beater with a fresh coat of paint, might look good from afar but the maintenance costs will kill you.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, -dlc- said:

My PSA for the day.

Old joke:

It's the woman with dyed hair, fake nails, fake eyelashes, and plastic surgery that complain there's no real men around these days....

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

You’re so right. Women are all beautiful. It’s us men who are the ugly ones and need makeup. Metaphorically speaking. 

Kind of funny reading all about women and what they look like and how they are dressed... only to scroll up on these pages and see lots of "lightly" dressed women in the adds. 

Wonder what the wife is looking at, as it is certainly not me......😇😂

Edited by spook007
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Kind of funny reading all about women and what they look like and how they are dressed... only to scroll up on these pages and see lots of "lightly" dressed women in the adds. 

The adds I see are all about booze! I want your adds. Why does old Alf get only booze adds? 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, -dlc- said:

My PSA for the day.

Good on you!!!!!!!!!!!!!      I'll bet $5 bucks most guys by far would prefer a natural soul mate than an artificial/plastic one.  That ages pretty quick and yes there are very, very serious risk associated with Silicone implants, Botox, super glue (for nails), dihydroxyacetone in spray on tanning products and all the other toxic untested crap they put into other makeup. I'd almost be afraid to touch that women behind the bench for fear of contamination (and possibly disease - by the looks of her) and would never bring such a thing home to "Mother".  I can't even imagine what she'll look like at 40!!! 

Stay natural.  God made us all the way we were all meant to be!

Edited by RU SERIOUS
  • Like 2
  • Vintage 1

5 hours ago, stawns said:

Personally, I think he's forced their hand........ he'll likely start in Abby because there's not really a spot at C for him, but I'm betting they make a move to fit him in at 3C before Xmas.

Could be they just risk Aman on waivers, but that's pretty short sighted, imo

That could very well happen; especially if he continues to make solid improvements on his game while playing

in Abby.  He sure has some decent chemistry going with Garly. 

• Vintage 1

9 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Joshua and Demko will start the year on IR. So Aman and PDG will be with the big club on opening night. So will Raty. When Demko comes back they will send Silovs to Abby. When Joshua comes back they will either send Raty to Abby or put PDG on waivers. 

I don't think Aman and PDG can both be on the club unless we use LTIR. Just Aman with the club leaves only 90k in cap space which isn't enough room for PDG . Last I heard we weren't looking at using LTIR. But Ofcourse as soon as we put either demko or DJ on LTIR, we'll have space

• Thanks 1

Miller

Pettersson

Raty

Suter/Blueger

That would be some good centre depth to start the season, especially if Raty and Garland can continue to build from the preseason. 

Joshua - Raty - Garland. Need to see this line at some point during the season.  

Edited by J-23
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

8 hours ago, spook007 said:

That's so weird....I get those same ads.  I assumed it was because of some upcoming sales on women's clothing!

• Haha 1