[GDT/PGT] Preseason Game 5 | Monday September 30th | Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | @6PM | Sportsnet & 650

Lewlowned

17 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

I'll take "Field an ECHL lineup for $600 Alex"

Would be hilarious if the final was 4-1 Canucks with a McJesus meltdown mid 3rd period on the bench.

Kind of seems like this is the last audition for some.

Also looks they want Lankinen to get a high volume of shots to get him dialed in. Would be surprised if they don’t allow more than 40.

• Cheers 1

if you haven't noticed... in these home-home games it seems that the away team ALWAYS fields a weaker lineup.. therefore allowing the home side to stack it up for the, usually, win at home. 

• Cheers 2

Just now, CaribouCanuck said:

I can’t help but wonder if they are super worried about the main guys getting injured in irrelevant pre season games like what we’ve seen with Doughty and Laine so they are taking a super low risk approach. 

This is probably it.

Pettersson, Boeser, Debrusk played 2, Hughes played 1, and Miller played none so far.

My guess is majority of our main roster will play Friday night.

Heinen - Miller - Boeser

Debrusk - Pettersson - Sprong

Hoglander - Raty - Garland

PDG - Aman- Sherwood

Suter (since he played quite a few pre-season games already, I can see him given the night off for some rest, and give Aman one last look at 4C)

Hughes - Desharnais

Soucy - Hronek (moves up to play with Hughes at points during the game)

Forbort - Myers

Silovs (starts in goal for Friday because Lankinen is playing tonight)

Lankinen

IR: Blueger, Joshua, Demko

Lekkrimaki will start the season in Abottsford, but I see him be a mid/late-season call up to booster the top 6 scoring and offense.

Ideally when everyone is healthy by mid-season:

Heinen - Miller - Boeser

Debrusk - Pettersson - Sprong

Joshua - Raty/Blueger/Suter - Garland

Hoglander - Blueger/Suter/Raty - Sherwood

PDG

Hughes - Hronek

Soucy - Myers

Forbort - Desharnais

Juulsen, Friedman

Demko

Lankinen

If everything goes well, and we can pick up additional blueliner or third line centre by TDL + Lekkerimaki call-up:

Heinen - Miller - Boeser

Debrusk - Pettersson - Lekkerimaki/Sprong

Joshua - RHC via Trade - Garland

Hoglander - Blueger/Suter - Sherwood

Raty: Raty will likely be in/out of the line up by the time we get close to the playoffs. I think in tight/tough playoff series, coaches often will prefer a more veteran/experienced players in the line up. And the team would be a lot deeper

Hughes - Hronek

LHD via Trade - Myers

Soucy - Desharnais

Forbort, Juulsen, Friedman

or

Hughes - Hronek

Soucy - Andersson (via trade)

Forbort - Myers

Desharnais, Juulsen, Friedman

Demko

Lankinen

Silovs

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

if you haven't noticed... in these home-home games it seems that the away team ALWAYS fields a weaker lineup.. therefore allowing the home side to stack it up for the, usually, win at home. 

Well with the cost of preseason games I would hope there’s more of a guaranteed win manufactured in. 🤣

Looks like Tocchet wants to see the young guys fighting for spots against top competition. Win or lose, they need to really see what they've got in some of these players. Some have played really well (Raty, Lekkerimaki, Karlsson, Bains, DPetey) I'd really laugh if the Canucks won this game 🤣  

• Cheers 2

Just now, Nucker67 said:

Looks like Tocchet wants to see the young guys fighting for spots against top competition. Win or lose, they need to really see what they've got in some of these players. Some have played really well (Raty, Lekkerimaki, Karlsson, Bains, DPetey) I'd really laugh if the Canucks won this game 🤣  

The Leafs’ AHL squad embarrassed the Habs top team Saturday night. Smacked them around pretty good actually. Our AHL boys might just do the same. 

• ThereItIs 1

I don’t know what to make of what the best pre season strategy is.  Is it a rehearsal for young players, is it an opportunity to practice against a team that will be a little harder on you physically than your own team mates..

interesting that one team plays their best player multiple times ( mc David) while the other team approaches the preseason like it’s a waste of time for it’s top  players. 

2 minutes ago, Bruuk said:

Oh man, I wouldn't be surprised if McDrai put up 10+ against that lineup.

It ain't going to be pretty.

And Mac has Podz on his wing ... hatty for Podkolzin?

Edited by Googlie
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Nucker67 said:

Many of these guys know it's their last chance to show something.  It's decision time after the game