[GDT/PGT] Preseason Game 5 | Monday September 30th | Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | @6PM | Sportsnet & 650

Lewlowned

52 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Looking forward to the winter, I don’t mind cold, I hate heat and it seemed it was hotter here than Vancouver most of the summer, yuk. 

Two thing I really don’t miss is the weather and the traffic.

People just don't understand that the heat here is more than just the temperature.   27 here is like 34 in interior BC.  Probably humidity makes it feel cooler there.

9 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

My analysis from watching live two things that really stood out to me: 

1)Raty was excellent positionally away from the puck. Seems very much like a natural center. Really liked his positioning in the neutral zone.

2)As expected, D Petey is really struggling. He looks terrified of contact which is really weird because that's typically been his game. I'm almost wondering if he's playing through an injury just based on the fact he doesn't even engage along the walls. It's very odd considering he's a big kid.

Edit: also #3) Kudryavtsev looked great as well with the limited time he had. Made a couple nice breakups with the stick and keeping it in lanes. Stood up the blue well.

So Kudry is passing D Petey on the depth chart ?

Just now, Blue said:

Bahaha

Yeah it’s crazy. I posted in the Rumours forum the most recent update.  At a press conference Neely  publicly tried to shame Swayman by saying he has “64 million reasons” to be back with the Bruins. Swayman and agent have basically called him a liar. Relationship is souring. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RWJC said:

we’re going to need another puck moving D that is a balanced two way player. Forbort and Desharnais will be a challenge as a potential 3rd pairing.  
too slow, too cumbersome, and although the size is helpful, they will be easily outmatched by a fast opposing F line 

My big concern with Desharnais is that he is very undisciplined.   Hopefully Tok-it can reign him in.

• Cheers 1