[GDT/PGT] Preseason Game 5 | Monday September 30th | Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | @6PM | Sportsnet & 650

Lewlowned

Just now, SilentSam said:

I know it’s pre season and early to project..

but the Oilers,  and this is a decent line up for them…

Look Past-Prime . 

if they can’t step up in the 3rd to “save face” ..   I think I’m right !?

2 guys can only carry you so many seasons lack of depth will catch up sooner than later. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

I know it’s pre season and early to project..

but the Oilers,  and this is a decent line up for them…

Look Past-Prime . 

if they can’t step up in the 3rd to “save face” ..   I think I’m right !?

They look like they think they're the better team and have no edge

1 minute ago, Joshua.Guy said:

Yeah this game is gonna be close til Mcdavid decides otherwise. His supporting cast looks bad though. 

it’s a symptom of preseason though. People are ragging on EP…Draisaitl missed an open side net by two feet earlier. It doesn’t mean anything until season starts and the play proves it 

2 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

Anyone ever seen Hoglander complain about anything?

He’s been jobbed by the refs his entire career, like Burrows that way, he deserves more respect - period. 

With that last comment in mind, who else  is absolutely longing to see Hogz get his revenge by scoring this game?

Make it so!  

8 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Haha. We should give them time to integrate though. Considering what was available via UFA, we did fill out the roster quite well in the interim with the intention of some further tweaks. I really do think we’ll be adding another Dman when the opportunity arises 

Also, you can't judge until they are playing with the real hockey team. We play a system structured around limiting chances against our big dmen. They are playing this with kids who can't cover them properly. You have to wait until the regular season to see how that will look. We will get beat one on one on the back end if we give away those types of opportunities too many times. What we have in size we lack in mobility.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1