[GDT/PGT] Preseason Game 5 | Monday September 30th | Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | @6PM | Sportsnet & 650

Lewlowned

Just now, Devron said:

Lekkermaki needs a year in the minors. If this was 3 years ago he’d be on the roster for good or bad probably bad. I’m very excited about his future and I think that would be the best route 

Don't really agree.  The AHL is not great league for skilled players and tend to be goonery.  He is better off with the club learning as our 13th forward with 2 games a week for a rookie.  I think that a rookie should never play a full 82 game schedule and shouldn't play back to back games and in my opinion, a top rookie can play between 50-60 games to build up the endurance for their 2nd pro season.  I have made this point years ago on the post about the topic of rookie players.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, viking mama said:

If RT didn’t think Kuzmenko’s offensive skill set & high percentage shot were worth all of risks playing him,… then Lekkerimäki ain’t ready by his standards yet, either. 

Certainly not ready in the spot he needs to be in, which is a top 6 spot.  

• ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, chris12345 said:

What about one ways vs two ways?

I think for the most part, we will make decisions based on who deserves to be here. Guys I think are going to be here based on injuries:

Raty - 80%

Maki - 50%

Bains - 40%

I think everyone else is heading down. I think Maki has a pretty good chance of being here for the start but will likely be sent down once other guys get healthy.

7 minutes ago, coolboarder said:

Don't really agree.  The AHL is not great league for skilled players and tend to be goonery.  He is better off with the club learning as our 13th forward with 2 games a week for a rookie.  I think that a rookie should never play a full 82 game schedule and shouldn't play back to back games and in my opinion, a top rookie can play between 50-60 games to build up the endurance for their 2nd pro season.  I have made this point years ago on the post about the topic of rookie players.  

Interesting, well let’s see what happens. If they have a plan like that. That may work as well

1 minute ago, VegasCanuck said:

I think for the most part, we will make decisions based on who deserves to be here. Guys I think are going to be here based on injuries:

Raty - 80%

Maki - 50%

Bains - 40%

I think everyone else is heading down. I think Maki has a pretty good chance of being here for the start but will likely be sent down once other guys get healthy.

Could be. I am undecided on him, I think maybe he needs a year on N.A. ice before he is a full timer. But, he looks good out there.