[GDT/PGT] Preseason Game 5 | Monday September 30th | Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | @6PM | Sportsnet & 650

Lewlowned

8 minutes ago, coolboarder said:

Don't really agree.  The AHL is not great league for skilled players and tend to be goonery.  He is better off with the club learning as our 13th forward with 2 games a week for a rookie.  I think that a rookie should never play a full 82 game schedule and shouldn't play back to back games and in my opinion, a top rookie can play between 50-60 games to build up the endurance for their 2nd pro season.  I have made this point years ago on the post about the topic of rookie players.  

You don’t do this when you’re a cup contending team though. You do it as you’re building up to that status. You can’t potentially compromise others’ swerved and possibly more equipped playing time just to enable a rookie a game here and there, and especially if you want to line him up with offense minded players who will elevate him. A Lek playing 3/4 lines and in a defensive oriented position does little for his forte, which is being a sniper. 

That has been a problem with this team for years…plugging emerging players into roles that don’t suit them and potentially stalling their skill sets. 
Send him to Abby, let him play highly valuable minutes under a great mentor in Malhotra and build his confidence there. One season in the A won’t hurt. He’s also very very slight, and the rigours of playing in the NHL right now, even sheltered, will not only wear him down a bit but may also hinder his progress. Star players need to play, regardless of where that is. 

I’d agree with you more if we had a true opening in top 6 that would be ideal for Lek, but as it stands we have a pretty solid top 6 already. 

3 minutes ago, chris12345 said:

Interesting...I think they'll make moves based on contract status.

Injuries are the wild card.

I agree, though I think they'll tell Raty if he keeps showing like this in Abby, that they'll make room for him by Xmas.  He's earned it