[GDT/PGT] Preseason Game 5 | Monday September 30th | Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | @6PM | Sportsnet & 650

Lewlowned

1 hour ago, CanucksJay said:

Who were our regulars (guys that have for sure made the team) that were playing tonight? 

Sherwood, Sprong, Hogz, Suter? 

Anyone else? 

Who were our regs on defense? 

Desharnais? Juulsen? 

And a bunch of Ahlers and bubble guys trying to become the 13F and  7D lol

Way to eek out a win oilers. 

Almost like we eked out a win vs AHL Flames in Abbotsford 

27 minutes ago, Rusty Shackleford said:

My crack at the opening night roster

DeBrusk - Petey - Sprong

Hogs - Miller - Boeser

Suter - Raty - Garland

Heinen - Aman - Sherwood

Karlsson

Hughes - Hronek

Soucy - Myers

Wolanin - Desharnais 

Friedman - Juulsen 

Laikanen

Silovs

IR: Joshua, Bluger, Demko

Feels like I've missed someone 

Forbort, you missed him.

3 minutes ago, AK-19 said:

Sure but both those guys are RHD. The next best LHD is Wolanin. Forbot hasn't played great but I'm not prepared to say he's worse than Wolanin. 

I agree you can see Wolanin has good positioning but his size is an issue as the other team knows that and just keeps the puck at a distance.

5 minutes ago, AK-19 said:

Sure but both those guys are RHD. The next best LHD is Wolanin. Forbot hasn't played great but I'm not prepared to say he's worse than Wolanin. 

Forbort is a good pker. That will always give him the edge.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, AK-19 said:

I think the bottom pair balances out as (no particular order rank of pairs)

Wolanin - Desharnais 

Forbort - Friedman/Juulsen

Big defensive guys paired with puck movers.  Odds are they'll all get playing time as we usually go through at least 8 dmen a season.

The best part is that D.Petey and Kudryavtsev don't look far off and we have Willander too. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

I missed the game but I saw the lines ups iced by both teams and the final score - are people here still finding shit to complain about?

Not at all.  The concensus seems to be that JR/PA have assembled some really impressive depth behind the 10 or so stalwarts on the team.

• Cheers 3

This game showed us a lot.  We do have a depth feeling like that we do not need to break the bank for next off-season plans plenty of AHL players looking good and is ready to crack the line-up.  If this was any other year with lack of depth and they played like this tonight with full of Oilers line-up, they'd making the team this year but we have too much depth which is a good thing.   We'd still have a good team in AHL making noise.  It is a good problem to have.

23 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Raty will be sent to Abby.  No way we are going to risk waiving Aman.  

I think that Aman will be traded away for some return this season.    The sooner Raty is with the team, the better he will be.  Raty is looking a lot better than Aman in term of raw talent and skill.  

• Like 2
  • ThereItIs 1

29 minutes ago, coolboarder said:

I think that Aman will be traded away for some return this season.    The sooner Raty is with the team, the better he will be.  Raty is looking a lot better than Aman in term of raw talent and skill.  

I doubt we trade Aman.  He is a great 13th forward who can play centre or wing, good on faceoffs and can kill penalties.  Raty can still use a bit of time in Abby so he can play centre full time.  Last year he was playing mostly wing.  He would be first call up for injuries and will take Suter’s place in the lineup next year.

That’s how I see it…

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Raty will be sent to Abby.  No way we are going to risk waiving Aman.  

I agree with this. I think Lekkerimäki will also go to Abby as well. Both of them are close, and I can see both get call ups this year at some point. Räty looks like he's really close, but not quite there yet. Maybe half a season in Abby, and he's up here later this year for good? 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1