[GDT/PGT] Preseason Game 5 | Monday September 30th | Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | @6PM | Sportsnet & 650

Lewlowned

3 hours ago, stawns said:

While I agree, there just isn't really a spot for him.  While he definitely outplayed Aman, Im betting theyd rather see him get top mins in all situations in Abby....,...to start.  Then get to work on a deal to make a spot for him.

Though he's better than Aman, Aman is still a young C and losing that depth by putting him on waivers and getting claimed would be a big hit

Aman played well against the Oilers and is a good PK'er... Not sure Raty is a better PK'er than Aman...

But regardless, it would be a blow to lose Aman on waives...

2 hours ago, stawns said:

I am too, but we saw how important depth, especially down the middle is, during the playoffs.  Though I like Sasson, he's not Aman level yet.  

I doubt Aman would clear waivers this year, as he showed he could be an NHL C last season.  As crappy as it would be for Raty, he doesn't need waivers.........hes also better getting top mins in Abby, than 4th line mins in Van.  

If its about waivers, then sit Aman in the pressbox and waive PDG. Though I like PDG, there are alot of wingers of his caliber floating around the league to fill the role IF need be. The Canucks went out and stacked there team with guys to replace him (Sherwood, Sprong, Heinen, etc).

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Nucker67 said:

I didn't like that McDavid hit on Lekkerimaki, as a "welcome to the big leagues". The way that slimy jerk looked over at the Canucks bench afterwards with that smirk. I was really hoping one of our guys would return the favour. Desharnais could've crushed him, but it almost appeared that Vinny was taking it easy on his old team. Good thing it was preseason. Canucks are going to need Desharnais to play big and nasty this season.

I think Blueger is back for Game 1 and Raty will beat out Aman for the #4C spot.

Heinen - Miller - Boeser

DeBrusk - Pettersson - Sprong

Suter - Blueger - Garland

Hoglander - Raty - Sherwood

Di Giuseppe

As soon as Suter pushed McD Perry dropped the gloves, while McD turtled away... He's a slime ball, who pick his targets...

Still looking forward to the day some 4th liner crushes him on the ice... Its coming...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, grumpyone said:

Edmonton fans cheering like they just won the trophy.... get a grip, probably the only game against us that you do win this season. Once we play our NHL lineup and especially once Demko is healthy and back. 

The ONLY Oiler that stood out in MY eyes was Stecher. He'll be a top pairing D by the end of the season... book it. 

There is a 'rumor' that the Oilers are linked to Seth Jones... could we see a swap of Nurse for Jones? not sure if that makes them better though. 

Lankinen had a good game, in my opinion. He should get some extra training from Cheech on how to poke check. 

( when I played goal and wanted to poke check, I'd go more like 6" above the puck. He can't tuck it in if you take out his foot, and no ref will call you for tripping because you just 'missed' on your check. )

I proposed that as a joke last season. Can't believe Edmonton would swap Nurse for Jones. 

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Sasson isn’t better than Aman. Also, Blueger is hurt. Once he’s back he will be in the lineup over Raty and Aman. Raty then becomes a 13th forward. So it’s a no brainer to send him down to play top minutes in Abby and keep Aman as your 13th forward. 

This would be like the time Benning told Marky he's sending him down to the AHL because he's too good. 

I think Raty might benefit from practicing with the big club under RTs tutelage. 

If he's at practice taking draws against Miller, Petey and Bleuger consistently, and the team systems gets fully imbedded in his head, wouldn't that be a plus? 

RT has quick intense practices that pushes the pace. What better experience for a young player than practicing at NHL speed? 

I'm of the mantra that if you earned a spot, it should be yours regardless of waiver risk etc. This builds a winning culture and a culture that you get what you earn and you can work to achieve your goals. 

Also a guy like Aman if absolutely necessary, can be picked up at the TDL for a 3rd round pick. 

But the hope would be Raty would be a better replacement than someone like Aman. 

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

I think the Canucks want Raty to develop as a centre, Getting more top minutes in Abby until a recall wouldn't be a bad option either

When Joshua returna

If Raty is on the team, I could see maybe a line up as

DeBrusk- Pettersson-Sprong (Hoglander)

Heinen -Miller- Boeser

Joshua-Raty-Garland

Sherwood-Bluegar-Suter

Am i missing someone?

PDG and Aman as extras until Joshua's return?

Edited by Ballisticsports

I think some fans undervalue Aman and are in a hurry to replace him.  I am a huge Raty

fan, but I really don't want him to be playing for 9mins on a line that lacks offence.  Aman

plays a great defensive game and is solid on the PK.  Tocc likes Nils' game, so I doubt

he will want to replace him (unless it's with Suter or Blueger).

https://sportsforecaster.com/nhl/p/1018493/Nils_Aman

"He plays a strong two-way game and focuses most of his energy on the right side of the puck. His style of play fits the NHL well; he has good speed and an active stick, as well as an excellent work ethic and a willingness to backcheck."

He's 24yrs and still developing his game. If he can work on the physical aspects of the game, he

would be assured of a new contract with some term.

• Cheers 3

Assuming Joshua and Blueger are still injured, I expect lineup to look like:

Hoglander Miller Boeser

Debrusk    Pete   Sprong

Heinen      Raty    Garland

Karlsson   Suter  Sherwood

Aman

PDG is waived from the outset. After Blueger is back, Aman is waived. And after Joshua is back, Karlsson is waived. However, I suspect we'll have another injury by the time Joshua is back. I don't agree with waiving Raty just because he's waiver exempt, he's clearly outplayed Aman and makes our team better.

23 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

This would be like the time Benning told Marky he's sending him down to the AHL because he's too good. 

I think Raty might benefit from practicing with the big club under RTs tutelage. 

If he's at practice taking draws against Miller, Petey and Bleuger consistently, and the team systems gets fully imbedded in his head, wouldn't that be a plus? 

RT has quick intense practices that pushes the pace. What better experience for a young player than practicing at NHL speed? 

I'm of the mantra that if you earned a spot, it should be yours regardless of waiver risk etc. This builds a winning culture and a culture that you get what you earn and you can work to achieve your goals. 

Also a guy like Aman if absolutely necessary, can be picked up at the TDL for a 3rd round pick. 

But the hope would be Raty would be a better replacement than someone like Aman. 

You don't put Aman on waivers just to keep Raty as your 13th forward so he can practice with Miller and Petey.  That's silly.  Raty didn't even play centre last year, he played mostly on the wing in Abby.  He needs to go to Abby as a full time centre and play top minutes.  This is preseason.  Raty didn't even look that good yesterday.

Jim Benning isn't in charge anymore, so we aren't throwing away assets for nothing...

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, AK-19 said:

Hoglander Miller Boeser

Debrusk    Pete   Sprong

Aman

PDG is waived from the outset. After Blueger is back, Aman is waived. And after Joshua is back, Karlsson is waived. However, I suspect we'll have another injury by the time Joshua is back. I don't agree with waiving Raty just because he's waiver exempt, he's clearly outplayed Aman and makes our team better.

As if right now this makes the most sense on paper. Only question being if Hoglander plays on the top line over Heinen. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

I think some fans undervalue Aman and are in a hurry to replace him.  I am a huge Raty

fan, but I really don't want him to be playing for 9mins on a line that lacks offence.  Aman

plays a great defensive game and is solid on the PK.  Tocc likes Nils' game, so I doubt

he will want to replace him (unless it's with Suter or Blueger).

https://sportsforecaster.com/nhl/p/1018493/Nils_Aman

"He plays a strong two-way game and focuses most of his energy on the right side of the puck. His style of play fits the NHL well; he has good speed and an active stick, as well as an excellent work ethic and a willingness to backcheck."

He's 24yrs and still developing his game. If he can work on the physical aspects of the game, he

would be assured of a new contract with some term.

Tocchet likes Aman, he plays the right way and plays a Tocchet game.  It's silly to even suggest we would put him on waivers in order to keep Raty as a 13th forward...

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Cheers 2

11 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

You don't put Aman on waivers just to keep Raty as your 13th forward so he can practice with Miller and Petey.  That's silly.  Raty didn't even play centre last year, he played mostly on the wing in Abby.  He needs to go to Abby as a full time centre and play top minutes.  This is preseason.  Raty didn't even look that good yesterday.

Jim Benning isn't in charge anymore, so we aren't throwing away assets for nothing...

Was just gonna say..

• Cheers 1

32 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

I think giving Raty top line minutes in the AHL will help him further uncover his talents at the NHL level. If he joins the NHL full time right now I think he will become a 3C and not more. I think with top line minutes in the AHL he COULD become a 2nd line center with the right development. 

I agree. There's no sense in rushing him onto the team at the first sign of him being ready. He's only 21. He's becoming a really good center. He's made significant progress and would be better suited in his development now to go up and down between Abby and the big club. Ease him in, take our time. We can afford to do that because we have better depth now.

• Cheers 2

9 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

He's 20 years old. I thought maybe he might go to Abby. Isn't Junior a step back for him? 

Yes, Kudryavtsev could go to Abby, which is a much higher level than Junior. The problem is that Abby will have too many guys at LHD, including Wolanin, DPetey, and Brisebois, not to mention Hirose.

As an overage Junior Kuds would be "the man" and play a lead role on the PP, PK, on shutdown and in important situations generally.

But, if not for the logjam in Abby, I agree he would be better off in the AHL.

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

With the guys collected by this management clearly that’s happening. Benning’s legacy of bad draft choices and horrid free agent signings to build the farm is almost completely gone. 

Thankfully!!!   Too bad we'll have the "O.E.L. Boat-Anchor" courtesy of 'ol J.B. Dragging the mud until early in the next decade (2031) with $2.5M to almost $5M per year of wasted cap space.  What an idiot the guy was.  Aqua-lini was an even bigger idiot resigning him just before he got the boot after years of failure.    Someone was asleep at the wheel!

53 minutes ago, AK-19 said:

Hoglander Miller Boeser

Debrusk    Pete   Sprong

Aman

Ooooh I was close! I wasn't expecting Bains to make it over Karlsson. 

• Cheers 2