[GDT/PGT] Preseason Game 5 | Monday September 30th | Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | @6PM | Sportsnet & 650

Lewlowned

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Damn Lekk, I thought you impressed enough to make the cut. 

Still needs a bit of seasoning.  Maybe a call up mid season?

I'm happy Raty is staying for another game.  

With Bleuger away, I think he added C depth.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

10 minutes ago, JamesB said:

Yes, Kudryavtsev could go to Abby, which is a much higher level than Junior. The problem is that Abby will have too many guys at LHD, including Wolanin, DPetey, and Brisebois, not to mention Hirose.

As an overage Junior Kuds would be "the man" and play a lead role on the PP, PK, on shutdown and in important situations generally.

But, if not for the logjam in Abby, I agree he would be better off in the AHL.

Yeah it makes sense to send him there (to start anyways)

Situations and trades happen, and how he and others perform will have a bearing if he remains their all year or not

3 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Still needs a bit of seasoning.  Maybe a call up mid season?

I'm happy Raty is staying for another game.  

With Bleuger away, I think he added C depth.  

Lekk looks great, not too much out of place, but you can tell he needs more seasoning. 

The thing is, when guys like Lekk and Raty are called up, they're now surrounded by much better players and won't be thrust over their heads like previous prospects from not that long ago. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

I have full confidence in our management and staff. You can already see a big difference in our young players from when they took over. Especially this year.

They're not rushing young guys into the league. They're also investing and working with prospects in the right ways. The right ways take time and patience.

We're just seeing the first signs that Raty has taken huge steps forward and looks great and ready! But he's only 21, about to turn 22, and we don't need to rush him onto the team. Let him continue to develop, get better, gain experience, gain even more confidence, then call him up when necessary. 

Agree.   No need to rush A-2 and as many have said, having him play 7-8 minutes a game on the 4th line with 2 other plumbers, is much worse than letting him play 18-20 minutes on a top line developing in Abby.  He's still very young and there is no immediate need to force him into the roster.  

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, AK-19 said:

Ooooh I was close! I wasn't expecting Bains to make it over Karlsson. 

You were spot on about Forbort and we both thought Karlsson made it over Bains. Lol

Happy for the local kid making the team! 

Edit: Does this last round of cuts bring us to a complete roster? Man I miss Vintage.

Edited by Rusty Shackleford

2 minutes ago, Rusty Shackleford said:

You were spot on about Forbort and we both thought Karlsson made it over Bains. Lol

Happy for the local kid making the team! 

Yes, but there is another preseason game.   Still waiting to see what the opening night roster will be. 

Lekkermaki to Abby is a fantastic move. Gonna be a top rookie next year.

this is how it’s done. Same thing should have happened with a few others in the past. Made the jump too quick cause our team sucked 

Edited by Devron
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, Devron said:

What does our roster look like now? Any more cuts? 

Seems like the last battle will be between Bains and Raty.

I gotta think Aman is on the team and Blueger will be ready. That leaves one spot open for now.

My guess is Raty is sent down to get more minutes and Bains is on the opening roster.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

Seems like the last battle will be between Bains and Raty.

I gotta think Aman is on the team and Blueger will be ready. That leaves one spot open for now.

My guess is Raty is sent down to get more minutes and Bains is on the opening roster.

Wasn’t sure about Raty for a bit but after this camp I feel pretty confident he’ll be a regular if not this year then next year. We really needed that depth in a youthful player 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Tocchet likes Aman, he plays the right way and plays a Tocchet game.  It's silly to even suggest we would put him on waivers in order to keep Raty as a 13th forward...

Yet it makes sense to keep Raty up if he gives us a face off edge and is solid all around.  With the extra step he gained this summer he has overcome his only weakness.  

15 minutes ago, kettlevalley said:

Yet it makes sense to keep Raty up if he gives us a face off edge and is solid all around.  With the extra step he gained this summer he has overcome his only weakness.  

Not if it means losing Aman to waivers.

Also if their plan is to have Blueger and Suter at center how does Raty get minutes?

Raty could very well end up on the roster, I don’t think he’ll be on it opening night though unless Bleuger is still injured.

2 minutes ago, Rusty Shackleford said:

Forward

Brock Boeser

Conor Garland

J.T. Miller

Arshdeep Bains

Danton Heinen

Nils Hoglander

Pius Suter

Elias Pettersson

Kiefer Sherwood

Teddy Blueger (Injured)

Aatu Raty

Jake Debrusk

Dakota Joshua (Injured)

Nils Aman

Daniel Sprong

Defense

Carson Soucy

Elias Pettersson

Derek Forbort

Quinn Hughes

Noah Juulsen

Mark Friedman

Tyler Myers

Vincent Desharnais

Goalies

Arturs Silovs

Kevin Lankinen

Thatcher Demko (Injured)

Posted this in the training camp thread as well.  Looks to me like the roster is set.

There is something wrong with that.  EP26 was sent to Abby.  

• Thanks 1