[GDT/PGT] Preseason Game 5 | Monday September 30th | Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | @6PM | Sportsnet & 650

Lewlowned

3 hours ago, Chickenspear said:

Latest is he's made a bit of progress after his concussion, but as I understand it,  if he's still injured when the season starts, he'll be on SOIR, which doesn't count against our 23 man roster, and the cap hit is generally washed on 2-way contracts. It was pretty much created to give teams an out on a player that's not expected to make the roster, but can't be sent down due to injury rules.

That is exactly what I wanted to know, cheers!

• Cheers 1

I thought Lekkerimaki showed well in this game. Going down is the best move but in many other situations he could've very well been sticking around. Overall a very good camp given its his first pro season & we are hoping to contend.

The quickness with which he reads the play & reacts is something I didn't appreciate in his game until seeing him at this level, this kid is going to be a player. I don't doubt it at all. Just needs to get stronger & adjust to the rigors of the pro schedule. 

• Like 3

On 10/1/2024 at 11:09 AM, JamesB said:

Yes, Kudryavtsev could go to Abby, which is a much higher level than Junior. The problem is that Abby will have too many guys at LHD, including Wolanin, DPetey, and Brisebois, not to mention Hirose.

As an overage Junior Kuds would be "the man" and play a lead role on the PP, PK, on shutdown and in important situations generally.

But, if not for the logjam in Abby, I agree he would be better off in the AHL.

thought Brisebois is injured? 

Hirose is still with the big club, though.