[GDT/PGT] Preseason Game 5 | Monday September 30th | Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | @6PM | Sportsnet & 650

Lewlowned

4 hours ago, RWJC said:

At least he’s a good hand for the farm that can lend some vet experience to the group. At very least, he’s also a 4th line call up option should we require that kind of personnel during the season. To call up a guy like Bains in the absence of another player, you have to play him in the top 6 to be effective. A guy like Blais is an idea 4th line call up or reserve because that’s his meat and potatoes. We still likely will have better options than him in that event so, like you say, it’s awesome to see this club have the depth it does going forward. The thing I really like is we also seem to have a group of players on our 3/4 that might get a look and some mins in the top 6 that might be way more effective than in years past

We can’t call him up on an AHL contract. He signed in Abbotsford and then was given a Vancouver PTO from which he’s been released. He can only play in Abbotsford unless Vancouver signs him to an NHL contract. 

2 hours ago, Dumb Nuck said:

It’s only a stat for government workers.

Never mind, see a few provinces have it as a stat.

Yeah here in Sask it's only a stat for government employees unless regular companies choose to pay everyone out of their own pocket. I was very surprised they don't make more of an effort considering it seems very real and deserving of more consideration. There was a lot of tragedy here.

Anyways, my respects for truth and reconciliation.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Taphouse Canuck said:

Looks like the Oil are going with NHL forwards and AHL defence. Toc is obviously still undecided about some of the young players, so I think this is last chance saloon for most. Raty has surely done enough, but I don't see any young D making the squad. Obviously Toc sees something he likes in Bains but it escapes me. He works hard, but with not much production.

Yeah, I'm tired of the Bains experiment. He does a whole lot of nothing.

• Vintage 2

21 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Yeah here in Sask it's only a stat for government employees unless regular companies choose to pay everyone out of their own pocket. I was very surprised they don't make more of an effort considering it seems very real and deserving of more consideration. There was a lot of tragedy here.

Anyways, my respects for truth and reconciliation.

Wait, it's called National Day for Truth and Reconciliation but it's optional in Alberta, and not a holiday in Sask, Ont, Que, NB, or NS.  Hmmm... 🤔

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Captkirk888 said:

Can we call him up? He isnt under contract with Vancouver.

43 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

We can’t call him up on an AHL contract. He signed in Abbotsford and then was given a Vancouver PTO from which he’s been released. He can only play in Abbotsford unless Vancouver signs him to an NHL contract. 

image.jpeg.38af2a3b238e7f533857f8ce53123de8.jpeg

He could be signed and called up though if need be. One more NHL quality (albeit barely) option which is a nice luxury 

Edited by RWJC

Hmm 97+29 both dressing tonight against our AHL lineup. We'll probably get peppered with shots tonight, need Lankinen to stand on his head.

I think there's a good chance our youngsters will get on the scoreboard though. Excited to see the Hog, Raty and Lek line. 

3 hours ago, MikeyD said:

Try living there.

Rachel Dratch Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

I live here.  It's not so bad.  If you like outdoor hockey and a bit of cross country skiing.  Nowhere near as expensive to live as it is in BC.
I go out there every summer, love the interior....but not the bills.

• Cheers 1

I was a bit surprised when I saw tonight's lineup but after thinking about it a bit, I like it.  The boys are going to have to play really hard to be competitive against a pretty strong Oilers lineup.  I think Tocchet is doing this on purpose to ramp up the effort level.  It's a risky move as we could lose big and it could hurt our confidence but he's betting on our pride showing up and a big effort.  I hope that's the case.  Go Canucks Go!

• Cheers 1

32 minutes ago, Sooey Steamer said:

Canucks only have 1 contract spot left... Blais will have to really really improve to get offered that spot.

agreed. It was more of a thought if requiring an emergency need of a 4th liner with NHL experience OR Poolman contract moved out at some point prior to any call ups to give us some more flexibility. Moving that contract would be so ideal.

Edited by RWJC

1 minute ago, RWJC said:

agreed. It was more of a tho  if t regarding emergency need of a 4th liner with NHL experience OR Poolman contract moved out at some point prior to any call ups to give us some more flexibility. That’s would be ideal.

I dont see any advantage to giving your main lineup to get into reg season mode