[GDT] Around the NHL [October 2024]

4 minutes ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

Caps not having a great opener. Jack hughes speed is fine but looks like he's not 100%, still should be enough to get the win.

Ovechkin doesn't seem as slow but they miss having a center who can drive play like backstrom or oshie. 

OV is cooked. He’s hurting his club every shift. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

OV is cooked. He’s hurting his club every shift. 

Ovi was cooked last year, everyone knows why he’s still playing and yet he somehow managed to pull off 31 goal last year. Having him chase the record may draw just as many fans as a winning team would so financially it makes sense to keep him around till he catches Gretzky.

• Cheers 1

Looking at some of other teams' starts so far...

Nashville 0-2 to start the season. Their newcomers haven't done much but I don't think Trotz is worried yet. Like Canucks they have new guys and need time to gel.

Aves lost their season opener, now trailing 5-3 vs CBJ and could start 0-2 in the season. 

Utah 3-0 and beat Rangers today. Keller/Guenther line doing a lot of damage. I think they'll have a really hot start like Detroit last year, and then come back down to earth. 

Flames leading vs Flyers and could start 2-0. Does this mean they'll make playoffs? 

Oils looks like they're having another slow start...i don't want to say this but I'm sure they'll start scoring at some point. 

Basically, I'm reminding myself again it's 2 games into the season. No need to panic about our team yet.