[GDT] Around the NHL [October 2024]

The fact that Chicago, the worst team in the NHL is beating what many of us have predicted to be Stanley Cup champions got to be the story of the week so far.

I personally put money on Edmonton winning it all this year as did so many others, you think Vancouver is pushing the panic button after 2 games you should realize how bad it is in Edmoton right now.

Lets show some compassion. It's been a nightmare start for the Oils.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, RookieFan said:

The fact that Chicago, the worst team in the NHL is beating what many of us have predicted to be Stanley Cup champions got to be the story of the week so far.

I personally put money on Edmonton winning it all this year as did so many others, you think Vancouver is pushing the panic button after 2 games you should realize how bad it is in Edmoton right now.

They did go on 16 game winning streak so no sympathy until we win and are number one in the league 

54 minutes ago, RookieFan said:

What? Fuck no. They can slip in shit. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

They struggle to produce at 5v5 and it’s been that way forever. McDavid thinks he can dangle everyone on the ice at least twice a game and it kills possession for them fairly often. If McDavid didn’t try to load the reel multiple times a game and actually skated in and delayed and began to set up, they would be much more dangerous. But instead he tries to go through everyone like it’s junior and loses the puck far more than he does something good. That and their reliance on the PP for offence plus goaltending and depth and Nurses contract is why I can never take them seriously as cup favourites.

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1

Just now, AnthonyG said:

They struggle to produce at 5v5 and it’s been that way forever. McDavid thinks he can dangle everyone on the ice at least twice a game and it kills possession for them fairly often. If McDavid didn’t try to load the reel multiple times a game and actually skated in and delayed and began to set up, they would be much more dangerous. But instead he tries to go through everyone like it’s junior and loses the puck far more than he does something good. That and their reliance on the PP for offence plus goaltending and depth and Nurses contract is why I can never take them seriously as cup favourites.

Loading up on the oldest guys in the league is one of the strategies of all time too

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Wing said:

Aves lost their season opener, now trailing 5-3 vs CBJ and could start 0-2 in the season. 

It's mostly goaltending for Colorado. They keep trying to get Georgiev going, but he's just terrible, going back to last season.

They just claimed Kahkonen off waivers the other day. They need to clear some space to eventually activate Nichushkin and Landeskog. I think they'll make a deal to dump Georgiev's salary at some point.