[GDT] Around the NHL [October 2024]

1 hour ago, Kevlar said:

Sometimes, even how bad things are for the team you are cheering for, there are other teams that are in a worse situation.

The Oilers have scored 3 goals in 3 games and have given up 15 goals in that span. They are 0-3-0 having their line up fully healthy. 

They are of to a worse start than our good guys! I'm really feeling optimistic about the Canucks this year.

On a side note, is Calgary for real? 3-0-0?

We have talent.Calgary work hard.Hence result

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Coilers lost a lot of youthful speed. Broberg, McLeod, Holloway, and even ne other guy whose name is swimming upstream against the Scotch. Four important players. And they replaced them with old slow guys and a dimwit. 

Broberg is better than every Oiler dman other than Ekholm. McLeod was their best penalty killer. They got old and slow in the summer. They are fooked…

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

True, but Silovs is our 3rd stringer and will be in Abby in a few weeks.  Meanwhile, Skinner is Edmonton’s starter.  Big difference. 

Yeah, true. Skinner is .908 lifetime and considering how bad the Oilers D is that actually impresses me. Don’t think he’s the issue with the team.

11 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Broberg is better than every Oiler dman other than Ekholm. McLeod was their best penalty killer. They got old and slow in the summer. They are fooked…

Canuckfanforlife82 is sooo devastated with the oiler start. Hahaha good for that troll

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, PeteyBoeser said:

Flames are looking scary this year. They’re last year’s Canucks.

Oh, come on. The Flames are not going to win the division. They're off to a good start but their overall talent is not top contender level. Last season Edmonton won only two of its first 12 games, but their overall talent got them to the Cup Final. Things that happen in October are usually forgotten by April.

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

Oh, come on. The Flames are not going to win the division. They're off to a good start but their overall talent is not top contender level. Last season Edmonton won only two of its first 12 games, but their overall talent got them to the Cup Final. Things that happen in October are usually forgotten by April.

I'm sure oilers I'll settle down but there bottom six forwards and d depth is questionable 

2 hours ago, Curmudgeon said:

And by April both oilers and flames will be poopoo - two soulless teams at the wrong spots of rebuilds and no longer contenders. It’s gonna be at least another long decade of mediocrity for hockey fans just east of the rockies. 

Yeah if I'm a flames fan i don't know if I'd actually want the team to win too many games in a rebuilding season. They're playing no pressure hockey right now. Similar situation with Utah who's just happy to play in a real arena. I think both teams will cool off after going hot in October. 

Edited by Wing

7 hours ago, Curmudgeon said:

I agree about the Flames. But the idea that the Oilers are a juggernaut just doesn't work. They are all ceiling , no floor. Them going on a streak again will only harm them because they won't fix anything 

54 minutes ago, Blue said:

I agree about the Flames. But the idea that the Oilers are a juggernaut just doesn't work. They are all ceiling , no floor. Them going on a streak again will only harm them because they won't fix anything 

The game sheet show the Oiler coach dividing the TOI pretty even. They will have their hands full in game #4 as the young Philly team has been resting and watching. Many fans don't like Torts but they can't say he doesn't prepare his team well. 

• ThereItIs 1